Territory Terraforming Unit

facemywrath

I was thinking tonight at work about how me and my org might end up digging out an entire territory and how it would take an hour for each of us to get 2km down with just a regular tunnel, let alone digging out the entire thing. Then I thought about how Grimmstone mentioned to me:

I can flatten an entire hex in an afternoon if I put my mind to it

and my brain went towards the future of this game. If the endgame goal is the potential for massive organizations of thousands of members owning entire planets, and perhaps even solar systems, then shouldn't it be at least a little easier to terraform a single hex territory?

Then I went onto thinking about how to make it cost effective and not overpowered and the balancing of the whole thing and... well here's what I got.

A Territory Terraforming Unit could be placed as a ground element, and requires being pumped up with Terra Cells (patent pending, not really) that would cost an exponential amount, based on the total work being done in an operation. How it would work is you interact with it and it would load you into a separate simulated environment of your hex territory, showing a rough estimation of the ground in it. Then you could have tools such as "raise ground" or "lower ground" or "change ground material" etc. You put in these operations and the more work you want done to the territory, the higher the cost. When you click apply, it saves the information to your computer (not to the server, yet) until it can start the process. Then you must feed into it the given amount of Terracells, and press start. This process could take up to a day, depending what all is changing, but would still be so much faster than doing it by hand.

The balancing of T-Cells (HAHAHAHAH) depends on what you would want them to cost. If this is a far-late-game item, make it exotic or rare elements. But ultimately I'm expecting a pricing system close to how warp cells work.

• 2 months later...

I would say this would only be worth wile if you could change a range of hex’s all in one area. For example if you one a hex and all the ones surrounding it, because as you mentioned; one person can flatten a hex fairly quickly with max terraforming skills and I myself have almost finished flattening one hex over a few afternoons.