QOL: RDMS UI

facemywrath

I'm hoping RDMS is having some changes because some of it isn't very easy to look at or use. This post, is about that.

I think ships shouldn't have their own tags on creation, but rather it should work like the player-lookup system where you can add organizations as well as players. Allow for a search block that lets you look for ships as well as tags, instead of just making ships have their own tags. As well a modified drop-down could include ships and tags being separate from eachother, in their own categories.

Next is the rights menu. I find that as RDMS expands into more aspects of the game, the Rights menu is likely to become even more of a pain to navigate. It might need some fancy little UI change to make it work more like the crafting menu.

Elements > Containers > Retrieve contents from container, View contents in container, Put items into container

Territory > Terraform > Mine in territory

Territory > Cores > Place cores on territory

Etc.

That way, once more and more things are added into the rights and an org has more control over who can do what, it won't just be disgusting to deal with.