Permission to edit specific zones of a construct

Squidrew_

It would be useful if construct owners could permit specific players to build only in specified zones of a construct via RDMS. This would be especially useful in, say, an apartment complex, where you could allow a resident to edit and furnish their apartment and not any other part of the complex. Construct owners wouldn't have to find workarounds like splitting it up with multiple core units, for example.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 11:18 PM, Squidrew said:

It would be useful if construct owners could permit specific players to build only in specified zones of a construct via RDMS. This would be especially useful in, say, an apartment complex, where you could allow a resident to edit and furnish their apartment and not any other part of the complex. Construct owners wouldn't have to find workarounds like splitting it up with multiple core units, for example.

I really like this idea. I was thinking of the same thing and wanted to check if someone else brought it up first. I was mainly thinking about making housing in the possible future for players but not wanting them to have the ability to level the whole territory but at the same time have the creative freedom to do whatever they wanted too within their space that's given to them. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 12:46 PM, Venstix said:

? Why would you want to complicate things? Place an xs core in l building, you got a flat, what's the deal? It's not even a workaround, it's how the game works basically...

I figure for a game like Dual Universe which has some focus on emergent cities, implementing this mechanic (or something like it) seems vital. Cities with potentially thousands of tiny static constructs seem like a pain to run on a system and unnecessarily complicated to plan around.