This Hex Only Scanner Button

facemywrath

The territory scanner is nice. Very nice. But the problem I've discovered with it is when you turn on your personal scanner, it doesn't always find things in your hex. "No more!" I beg!

I propose a button on the personal scanner that can toggle the ability to only search for ores in your current hex. If you move hexes, it switches ores to the new one. This would allow you to focus on clearing out a hex without worrying it's trying to lure you away like a siren of the sea.

I've never actually much worried about a specific hex when searching for ores.

I've always wanted to go towards the closest ore deposit of whatever i'm looking for.

Are there any other benefits to single-hex ore gathering? When i'm on a planet, I don't think of it as hexes (even though it is set up that way on the map). It would, in a sense, be similar to setting it so 'plains only' ore searching, know what I mean?

Though I don't doubt that there may be some additional benefits I'm not seeing.

Well the territory scanner scans a specific hex and if you scan and don't lock onto things in that hex, then that number might never end up going down, making the territory scanners only useful for high tier things. If it tells me i have 26 kL of quartz, and I scan for quartz and get sent to another hex, it doesn't matter how much quartz is there.