HOTAS /Flight Yoke support

RolandCassidy

I prefer to use a yoke system over a side stick or helicopter cyclic stick because you can control the aircraft better with it. It feels more natural. You can steer the yoke to control the ailerons and push and pull it out to control the pitch and both can be done together, while you have to control the roll and the pitch with a stick that has these axes overlapping while using the pedals for the yaw. The stick works great for a helicopter because all it does is tilt the swashplate, while for fix-wing, it's not good. Why not use a control that feels more natural like a yoke for a fix-wing?

For throttle lever, I prefer to have a turbine engine throttle lever that has 1 speed brake lever, 1 flap lever, and 4 throttle levers for 4 engines (if you have less engines, you can always use less of the available levers). What if you have more engines, where are the additional levers to control all the engines manually if you only have 2? Common sense.

For rudder pedals, it doesn't matter -- a pedal is a pedal (configuration are the same). Just get one that feels the most comfortable to put your feet on.

The equipment that I prefer (if they should all work for this game) are:

• Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke

large.JPG

• Logitech G Pro Throttle with Airbus A340 Handles Set LITE

a340hslite.jpg

• CH Pro Rudder Pedals

ch_propedals.jpg

And then I will use the keyboard to assign the inputs that you will otherwise have on a cockpit panel.

This is the setup that I prefer. Would they all work for this game? I wonder as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, XslauGt8 said:

I'm extremely surprised that this isn't supported by the game engine straight out of the box. 

Small studio, limited development time. Vastly complicated server architecture to get right as a priority. I'm not at all surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

same here... I was very disappointed that I couldn't use my t16000... my go to means of flying in Elite Dangerous. I've gotten used to kb/m here, but I think this is a pretty essential bit of functionality long term. It's a flight game!