A little idea for interstellar traveling in DU

Mainstroom

Hey guys! 

I think you all know the Roadmap and that NQ wants to implement interstellar traveling in the game by using fixed, player built Stargates. I was wondering how they would look like and honestly, i think it would be awful to have like giant rings or something like a Portal with strange colorful effects in it. SO now that i explain my concerns iwant to Show you my idea:

Stargates: 

- make them like a very big attachment to a starbase that consumes a hell amount of Energy BUT, that creates some sort of force field in which you can jump with very low fuel/Energy cost for your own ship (so its more economical to use a Stargate than to jump on your own) to another Station, that has such a device too. 

- space stations having such a device are important anchor Points in insterstellar space like beacons on the Ocean today

Jumping on your OWN:

- i think it would be very smart to implement hyperdrives in the game so that anybody that has installed one on their ship can jump to a certain range anywhere he wants (i know it sounds broken as hell because giant organizations could simply jump to any base of smaller organizations with armadas of hundrets of ships and destroy anthing in their way )BUT (and thats an ENORNOUS but):

- with hyper drives it would be very balanced to implement them under the following conditions:

- when not using a fixed Stargate at a starbase, you're going to have very high fuel/Energy Costs for each jump so the Energy/fuel for the hyperdrive will only last like 2-3 free jumps

- in Addition without a Stargate you would have to predict your Dropout Location to end your hyperjump by yourself by Setting Course with a interstellar map to the star System you want to jump to and then charge your hyperdrive with the exact amount of Energy needed to end your jump perfectly (i personally would recommend to make the predictions as complicated as flying a plane in real life so traveling with star bases is even more necessary for new and Players that are not that hard into astro Physics and working at nasa ) 

- if your predictions for your Destination Course were wrong you can crash into objects like asteroids, planets or stars with a Velocity thats over 5000 times the Speed of light (for those woh dont believe that this Velocity actually is measurable thats About the Speed you Need to get over 1 light year in About 2 Hours) which will make you and your ship quikly disappear aswell as the functionality of your GPU (if your pc has the Minimum System requiremnts) so Jumping freely around is not just expensive but also incredibly risky

I think by making free jumps to other star Systems possible without being completely Bound to fixed star gates, under the conditions labeled above, the game would have more for Senior Players and giving the posibillity to create new branches of skills for Players and for example even Opening new Job branches for organizations(because now they Need learned hyperdrive Navigators to make insterstellar travel without an existing starbase, which would be a very good Option for smaller organizations that cant afford an expensive, giant, shiny new starbase with a brandnew Stargate. That would also push Overall economy by improving the Need for People doing well in Maths and Physics. 

I hope that you can follow my thaughts well, especially NQ! :):):)

Sounds interesting, however i would like to suggest different thing.

Make the warp gate to look like a long big tube. Where you enter on 1 side and kind of fly out on the other, like a small light dot on incredible speed. AND when in the destination system you spawn in totally random location within this system. Of course in space and not in the center of a star or planet.