Congrats to Yamamushi (and possible feedback on Novaquark Employee Policy)

NQ-Nyzaltar

1 hour ago, hdparm said:

There likely are/were many [NDA] things that would be done differently if the developers played the game more with unprivileged accounts.

Disagree strongly here because fundamental game mechanics dont change if you have a dev account. It's still the same game to play. And you can still do all the things from ground up too, although you don't have to because you can just teleport or create a ship instantly. But you could still do it from bottom up

Congradulations Yama!

The work you have done over these years is truely commendable and I wish you the best of luck in your new role.

Keep aiming for the stars and following your dreams.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of feel ambivalent About this. It’s great for Yama, and potentially NQ if they can put him to gainful use, but we all know that NQ has an all but no-communication policy with the player base (apart from the odd poorly voiced over video and a few dev blogs.)

yama was a great contributor to the community but now I fear that the rules and regs will prevent him from taking part as fully as before, case in point, his dearth of replies to this thread. 

also, is the DU server now owned by DU themselves or is it still independent?

Sorry I can’t be more positive, I’ve been part of another  Kickstarter campaign where a supporter joined the ranks and it ended very, very badly for all involved. 

• 2 weeks later...

@GraXXoR there is a lot of competition in the space and these universe filled games/mmos and each product are fighting for the same user base. I wouldn't blame NQ at this point because the material they do put out now, isn't polished enough to want to bring in casual people. When they get to final stages of BETA, they may loosen their NDA, but who knows ::shrug:: running a company version wanting to build something great can bring many many different walks of life to the business table, including "bad" public policy as well by trying to hide. 

Star Citizen (as an example) let feature creep ruin their impact but their graphics are terrific as well.  SC is a classic example off too much publicity too soon and bad corporate management.

• 2 months later...

Smart move DU.  I would have hired him too.  The passion he has shown towards this project since the early days back in 2016 is clear.  Congrats Yama.  Dont know you personally but I sure did read a lot of your posts.

Hi,
As long as i know there were a ton of problems in DU, but many of them has been successfully resolved thanks of to the team and it's policies.

So this is a big Congrats to Yamamushi and to all the team who work on the game to bringing it this far.

Congratulations

- Grif