How has Covid-19 affected you?

XoltNe

Hey all, just wanting to see how this nasty pandemic situation has impacted you all! Hope you're all staying safe and spending a little more time with loved ones, if you can.

I'm currently in self-quarantine for an indefinite period of time as I have some underlying health issues. I am able to work from home because I am a developer, though... which is nice. Hope you're not falling on any financial hard times.

• 2 months later...

I am also fortunate in that I am able to work from home and not have any decrease in pay.

I know many who have not been so fortunate :(

Other than that, it hasn't affected me all that much. I'm a pretty laid back person and kind of just take what is available. As long as I can exercise, work, make money, and play games.... I am 100% good to go :D

Wish you the best though!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My work took a pretty solid hit during the summer time, we're supposed to be coming back on the upswing with the end of the season but things are still in flux so it remains to be seen if I'll remain on my sudden and extended break, or if I'll be returning to work again in the next few weeks. -_-

I've considered getting a mask with a... particular statement about my feeling on the whole mask wearing thing in general. The eyes are a susceptible gateway too so why people don't wear goggles along with their (who wants to bet they're probably unwashed?) cloth face masks is beyond me.

Aside from runs to the grocery store and a multi-state journey to wrap up my late half brothers business (unrelated to C19), I've mostly stuck to staying home and working around the house.

Aside from the warm temperatures, this summer was a bust, gonna hate it when winter comes again and I can't go outside unless its to either leave the property or shovel the drive!  :(

Not much different for me, no quarantine, had to postpone travel for potential vacations. It has made me even busier at work, because of coworkers working from home I have to answer more phone calls in the office and do favors for them. Other than that just watching my country go [more] insane.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to my office since February. Won't be going back until at least January (I work in the games industry - marketing/community management). My wife works HR for a clothing manufacturer and has had to manage the quarantine and such for 200+ employees (and some of those idiots are going out partying, getting COVID, then trying to come back to work). 
Had to move (bought a house, yay!) because my landlord at my condo decided COVID was the right time to sell the condo (which I didn't want to buy - long story), so it's been interesting. At least I live closer to the beach now (Long Beach instead of The Valley). 

• 3 weeks later...

Well just yesterday I found out that my work hours and pay will be cut in half. 

I could refuse to accept the offer...but then I would have no insurance and have "quit" the job, so I might not get unemployment. 

So...I get to lurk the forums as I work 1/4th as hard and update the ole resume. :D

Oh, did I mention the startup I work for is in the fitness / health industry? They had just sponsored the USA wrestling team before Covid hit -- and a big part of their business was focusing on gyms and schools ?‍♂️

• 1 month later...

Lot of places we used to deliver went out of business by not being allowed to be open for so long. Which makes total sense seeing as crushing rock in large assigned equipment where most people arent within 200 feet of each other at any point save loading where one guy is in a dumptruck and one in a front loader is SUCH a high risk enviroment.....So we ended up losing around 60% of the places to deliver to that fun.....and demand for a lot of the other products we deal with went through the floor and also drove rates into the gutter as well. Even the demamd for metals is down.

And for bulk delivery with me working on percentage...that drove my pay to 40% of what it was. I can still pay my bills and eat but rip plans for a house and land any time soon. Also any chance to rebuild my savings if required to use em.

As long-term tourism industry guy I experienced helluva lot of bad change with this plague. 

Thank god I had no serious financial liabilities at beggining, but even with this good version of events my plans totaly busted for years to come. 

• 2 weeks later...

I contracted Covid from someone who tested positive but I recovered. My symptom was just a small rash and a little bit of weakness. The sh*t didn't do anything to me man, it's nothing! (I'm not old and I'm very healthy)

And I lost my nails (not Covid-related) and it will take 6 months (or longer. it can take a year) for it to grow back. How am I gonna work without any nails?

I've been having problems and I'm sinking to the ground! This isn't good! I'm desperate for nails man! I don't have f*cking 6 months to wait for it to grow back! 

Covid problem, nail problem, business problem, family problem, and now DU problem (this game is dying). 

I hate to be negative but I ain't doing good!