new fuel system concept (post-release probably)

okay, i've had this concept in mind for a while. i talked about it in the discord a few times but i figured i'd put it here as a landmark.

the fuel system as it is works for it's current state, but i couldn't help to wonder about possibilities for increased complexity and user involvement. my new idea is to make fuel 'universal'. the process of making fuel would be the same for basic atmos and space fuel, but the individual components could be tweaked in a 'refinery' element, taking in raw materials and adjusting concentrations with sliders.

for instance: say you want to make an enhanced form of atmos fuel, you'd add more carbon to the ratio and as a result, have a more powerful fuel, but less efficient. doing somethign crazy, you could use space fuel in an atmos engine to get some serious mileage out of it, but wreck it in the process. atmos fuel wouldn't work in space unless you had, say, a supply of oxgen to burn with it. regular space fuel would be a monopropellant, or just needing the fuel and some heat to get going, but inefficient. increasing efficiency by having either gaseous oxygen stored, or liquid if you have the tech for it.

having supercoolant would also make iyt possible to use crazy powerful fuels in smaller engines. using some nutso afterburner fuel in a large engine would work fine, it has enough material to conduct the heat away, but if you tried to use it in a micro engine, it would explode without some form of coolant. it would allow you to make a small fighter that goes ridiculously fast.

any further ideas/suggestions/tweaks are welcome.

sincerely,

Scyrus A. Pyro, Solar Empire