Organization count legitimacy

AceMan

Clean up the Organization member counts  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Org membership should only count toward an Orgs positional standings if the member owns the game? Or should fake/non-game owning "people" count towards that ranking?

• Only count Org members that actually OWN the game as or members for Org ranking purposes
    • Any email address tied to a NQ account should be allowed to falsely inflate Orgs player count. I mean... its only fair of a person wants to sit and create 500 fake accounts that they should get credit for the effort!

And if i recall correct, the intention for NQ is to have the game free after release so technically you do not have to be a suporter to be a player in the end.

Still you do have a point, false accounts should be investigated if it becomes overly clear. And players who choose the largest organizations just because they are large are in general faction/guild/org hoppers and small specified orgs are better of without hoppers so they can build and invest in their brilliant ideas.

Or should fake/non-game owning "people" count towards that ranking?

1 hour ago, Aaron Cain said:

And if i recall correct, the intention for NQ is to have the game free after release so technically you do not have to be a suporter to be a player in the end.

Exactly.

No one "owns" the game. It's not their property but that of Novaquark's. Regardless of, if you've paid for testing access now or not, you will still have to pay a monthly subscription come release. 

It would also be of courteous nature to stop classifying as "fake numbers" those whom have not paid for testing access but are part of said organizational entities. Not everyone is as malicious as some make it seem.

1 hour ago, Agilulf said:

Since nobody asked, here's some important data!

wow.png

Those with higher percentages are to be commended for their dedication! I'm not going to define a number because it would mean nothing. But those with obviously scammed numbers are the true "target" of this entire proposition. Thank you for the data, assuming its at least mostly accurate. 

4 hours ago, AceMan said:

But those with obviously scammed numbers are the true "target" of this entire proposition. Thank you for the data, assuming its at least mostly accurate. 

So you didn't do any work, Provided any data nor did anything to back up any claim you made so far. Just spewing your opinion, own inceredulity, flame/troll others without data/proof. Keep going man, you're hilarious 

Now some orgs "obviously scammed numbers" - again a pointless and useless claim just to be toxic. Define "obviously scammed numbers" and please provide data of actual, real and definitive alts which are definitely 100% there to boost numbers 

On 1/9/2020 at 12:13 AM, Waffle Boy said:

Actually by doing this, it can help new members decide what organizations to join.  Who would want to join a 1000 man org with no activity?

This appears to be the issue. It is illegitimate to perveice people joining your organisation based on false information. When new to the game, one usually does not think about the possibility that the members designated to an org actually are not even playing the game. This may lead to frustration of joined members who expected a certain level of prebuilt structures and activity, and may as well damage the organization itself by creating unhappy and consequently disloyal members.

On 1/8/2020 at 10:40 PM, [BOO] Sylva said:

I think he's referring to the part where BOO [...]

That's weird perception, since your BOO appears quite active. But the #1 member count org with over 1000 members seems much less active than all other non-abandoned Top 10 member count orgs.

On 1/8/2020 at 11:18 PM, AceMan said:

The proof is every orgs member list and the % of owners owning the game and not.

This generalization is incorrect. For instance, my org (HYP) has around 80% members with alpha access. Taking Sylvas prior statement into account, according to which BOO has only around 200 such members, I find it worth mentioning that thereby currently the #3 org (HYP; German speaking members only) is likely the largest org w.r.t. player activity in the game right now.

Edit: I just noticed the commented statistics which refutes such generalization as well. It also shows that Sylva's estimation was far too low. I am also confused about Emire's 56% paired with their ~30 members internal Discord server. Seems most of its once active members left the game. Which also shows that being a contributor is still a bad criterion for activity.

I'd like to know where the stats presented by @Agilulf come from. Did he mine this himself or is there an actual source that can be verified.. Not questioning (as this whole discussion is mostly irrelevant since NQ allowed the can-o-worms to be opened by allowing non backers to start orgs and run wild with adding members at will) , just asking

Manually datamined from the community page. Pledge status, join date and similar information can be viewed there. But of course you can't see past activities, especially players joining and leaving organizations, so the second infographic only shows players that joined and stayed.

6 hours ago, Dragorion said:

Edit: I just noticed the commented statistics which refutes such generalization as well. It also shows that Sylva's estimation was far too low. I am also confused about Emire's 56% paired with their ~30 members internal Discord server. Seems most of its once active members left the game. Which also shows that being a contributor is still a bad criterion for activity.

I'm quoting members in our discord, rather than flat community site members. :)

5 hours ago, Agilulf said:

Manually datamined from the community page. Pledge status, join date and similar information can be viewed there. But of course you can't see past activities, especially players joining and leaving organizations, so the second infographic only shows players that joined and stayed.

I applaud your effort there.. that must have been a lot of work

1 hour ago, Duckimus Maximus said:

While I have the same data you guys are posting here, and yeh it works out.

Don't forget people can hide their backing status. Not saying a lot of people do but you might want to add that into your calculation.

It'll only be relevant in the margins, maybe 1-0.5% here and there.

Didn't even know about the "Don't show backer title" checkbox. That makes it an even more useless value then. ;)

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

I applaud your effort there.. that must have been a lot of work

I was interested myself. Probably won't do the data collection again. There will hopefully be other ways of determining organization activity at some point, similar to Eve Online.