Organization count legitimacy

AceMan

Clean up the Organization member counts  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Org membership should only count toward an Orgs positional standings if the member owns the game? Or should fake/non-game owning "people" count towards that ranking?

• Only count Org members that actually OWN the game as or members for Org ranking purposes
    • Any email address tied to a NQ account should be allowed to falsely inflate Orgs player count. I mean... its only fair of a person wants to sit and create 500 fake accounts that they should get credit for the effort!

New players looking for an Org need to be able to depend on real information to make educated decisions. Some join an Org to be part of something bigger. Others look for a place to fill needed roles. But everyone looks for a "home" based on the quality of that potential home. As the start of Alpha 3 come more near there will a huge influx of new players. I think its better to allow them to make intelligent, honestly informed decisions. Its better for the player, as well as the game itself

The wording of the vote is a bit harsh, as there can be legitimate and active members of an organization that do not own the game. Despite that, I do agree that for a member of a Dual Universe org to be officially counted, it makes sense that they should have to be in the game.

2 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Where are those 500 fake accs. Proof or it didn't happen xD

Oh and by all means. Ppl will find out very quickly if an org is active, does shit and actually has that many members or if it's fake

You can look at most of the top 20 Orgs and find dozens of accounts that both don't own the game, and have absolutely no interaction on both the DU website and the DU official Discord. Sure, some of those accounts are going to be valid. But most of them have absolutely nothing to do with the make-up of the org. Nothing but bogus fluff. On Orgs strength, or weakness is defined by the people in it. If ya don't own the game, you aren't part of that machine! 

3 minutes ago, Agriope said:

The wording of the vote is a bit harsh, as there can be legitimate and active members of an organization that do not own the game. Despite that, I do agree that for a member of a Dual Universe org to be officially counted, it makes sense that they should have to be in the game.

I didn't say that ALL accounts that don't own the game are fake! I opened my account when the site first opened. but didnt buy the game till just before Alpha 2 started. I also didnt join an org till I owned the game.

1 minute ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

To be honest, until the game goes live, it doesn't matter. I can't wait for the organizational implementation in game. 

Sure it does.. there are thousands of players out there now. All of them are potentially in and Org, or will be looking for one. All of the tens of thousands of people that have been watching DU as its grown up are also exposed to this bogus info. If there's no accountability and integrity in the data now then why would anyone ever believe it will change in the future?

Deception will always be a thing in DU. And, if it gets out of control, then NQ steps in. And did in the past.

But I honestly can't see anything unusual in the top 20 (read: anything noteworthy or a huge scandal which will shine a bad light on du because of those horrible, horrible alt accs)

6 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Deception will always be a thing in DU. And, if it gets out of control, then NQ steps in. And did in the past.

But I honestly can't see anything unusual in the top 20 (read: anything noteworthy or a huge scandal which will shine a bad light on du because of those horrible, horrible alt accs)

Great point! So in that we know that NQ has at least some standard that have been set in place. Its not in any way a stretch to expect those standards to be upheld now. After all.. thats kinda what makes them standards! So its time to bring attention to this to ensure they in fact do it. Or at very least address it publicly so we ALL know what can be expected. 

14 minutes ago, AceMan said:

Its not in any way a stretch to expect those standards to be upheld now. After all.. thats kinda what makes them standards! So its time to bring attention to this to ensure they in fact do it.

As I said. Dunno what you're referring to because there's rly nothing THAT strange going on

19 minutes ago, Lethys said:

As I said. Dunno what you're referring to because there's rly nothing THAT strange going on

I guess thats the kind of opinion we would all expect from someone taking part in benefiting for the strange goings on! Its a human nature kinda thing. 

30 minutes ago, Flip360 said:

I voted for option 1, but I think the org page should display 2 values. We should all be able to see an orgs total numbers and their paid account numbers.

Their overall rank can consist of their ghost and real accounts together still.

I guess I can see the distinction between the types of members as being a fair option. Not sure I agree with the ranking side of thing. But 2 different player counts would certianly give a perspective new member a better view of what the org really has to offer. 

Org 1 has 10000 members with 4 owning the game and 9996 still unable to join in vs another org with 100 members that consists of 95 paid players and 5 still waiting to get in. 

56 minutes ago, AceMan said:

taking part in benefiting

Again. WHAT are you referring to man. Link it. Then we could talk about it. Just spewing some allegations won't help you much.

Where do I benefit? What have I done? What strange things? 

2 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Again. WHAT are you referring to man. Link it. Then we could talk about it. Just spewing some allegations won't help you much.

Where do I benefit? What have I done? What strange things? 

I think he's referring to the part where BOO is #2 in the org list with 500 accounts signed up, with roughly 200 currently paid backers.

Are we being accused of hosting alts & spies? Certainly, NQ in the past has targeted orgs for having bad recruitment policies. They've made their feelings on the matter rather clear, I'd say. 

Plenty of orgs have people waiting for Beta or full release. That's why I said it doesn't matter much what the numbers are. If you post to your org's wall, it shows up just like being in the top 5. It shows up in the same area. If you're worried about your org not being shown, then be active in the community. The forums, Reddit, and the DU official discord all have areas for org recruitment. 

image.thumb.png.24ab68d70a4b7e2af991997e068e9c33.png

Regardless of that, we don't know what changes will come with the Alpha 3 RDMS for organizations in game (and what, if any, effect it will have out of game on the community). 

15 minutes ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

I think he's referring to the part where BOO is #2 in the org list with 500 accounts signed up, with roughly 200 currently paid backers.

Are we being accused of hosting alts & spies? Certainly, NQ in the past has targeted orgs for having bad recruitment policies. They've made their feelings on the matter rather clear, I'd say. 

Regardless of that, we don't know what changes will come with the Alpha 3 RDMS for organizations in game (and what, if any, effect it will have out of game on the community). 

- I very clearly didn't accuse anyONE of anything. I stated a fact about the current ongoing statistical data from any and all Orgs. Reading more into it than that, again, only further justifies the the reason this post exists! 

Those not doing anything "wrong" have no reason to feel guilty. If one doesn't feel guilty then they never feel the need to defend themselves! 

- The fact that NQs stand on this appears to be clear is really the problem.... its very much not, thus the need for it to be brought up. 

- RDMS, and the game in general, has no connection to the website at all. Sure, that could change at some point. But again, clarification and some level of understanding of NQs intent will easily clear many things up, this included!

You do realize the community portal has been on "phase 1" of it's development since it launch right, and it's not priority 1 for NQ at the moment?

I don't see how this is an issue... Regardless if it gets "fixed" people will still join the biggest org in numbers... But that doesn't mean jack until the game release and those orgs can prove to be stable and active.

That's why I voted for #2

Let people join and worry about it later.... But if you have DEFINITE proof that orgs are DELIBERATELY inflaitng their numbers by creating ALTS ... Point it to NQ... They'll do a investigation just like they did with DSI, NG, UL and mmtheboss...

Its perfectly fine that thats your opinion. It doesn't make it right, it simply makes it yours. That why public votes and debate are so great! 

The proof is every orgs member list and the % of owners owning the game and not.

We need a different metric where organizations can prove themselves.  The current method we have up has bad incentives thus leading to alt accounts.

If organizations could be measured in terms of quanta or resources then it would actually be something that could be respected and not be cheated.

Simple, change the metrics~!  I know this is something they mentioned in the past, we just need group banks, group core units or something of the sort.

1 minute ago, AceMan said:

The proof is every orgs member list and the % of owners owning the game and not.

I have many friends that don't own the game but are still part of certain orgs, and are waiting for beta/release ...

Are you telling me that them joining an org they like is not validated by your "opinion" because they don't own the game?

I'll make sure to tell them they are fake members of our community, on your behalf!

1 minute ago, Waffle Boy said:

We need a different metric where organizations can prove themselves.  The current method we have up has bad incentives thus leading to alt accounts.

If organizations could be measured in terms of quanta or resources then it would actually be something that could be respected and not be cheated.

I'll just quoted myself here again...

12 minutes ago, Comrademoco said:

You do realize the community portal has been on "phase 1" of it's development since it launch right, and it's not priority 1 for NQ at the moment?

6 minutes ago, Comrademoco said:

I have many friends that don't own the game but are still part of certain orgs, and are waiting for beta/release ...

Are you telling me that them joining an org they like is not validated by your "opinion" because they don't own the game?

I'll make sure to tell them they are fake members of our community, on your behalf!

Thats the great part of being part of something! 

8 hours ago, AceMan said:

I stated a fact about the current ongoing statistical data from any and all Orgs

You didn't provide any data, you simply stated your (wrong) opinion

8 hours ago, AceMan said:

Those not doing anything "wrong" have no reason to feel guilty. If one doesn't feel guilty then they never feel the need to defend themselves! 

No one defended themselves here aka "I invited those ppl because...." so by your logic no one did anything wrong anyway. So where's the point in this post then 

7 hours ago, AceMan said:

That's a strawman, not proof. You didn't provide any data on anything. Just because someone doesn't own the game doesn't automatically make him an alt to boost numbers