ability to sell RDMS perms temporarily and irreversibly

SonEasterZombie

what I'm talking about here is essentially being able to trade permissions for specific parts of a construct in exchange for money or whatever. these permissions would have a time limit on them, and (crucially) the person who owned the construct would NOT be able to modify those permissions until the time limit expired. one example of this would be a parking lot/hangar bay in a city. if I wanted to park my ship inside a hangar bay I would purchase the permissions to open and close the main doors, toggle lights, open some storage inside the bay, etc. if I just wanted to stay there for the night then I would only buy 24hrs worth of those permissions. during this period the owner of the building that has the hangar bay would not be able to open the door or toggle the lights or open the storage etc, and would not be able to modify the permissions or delete the construct/elements until the 24 hour period expired. perhaps to enable this some option would have to be enabled in the RDMS settings, as to prevent new players from accidentally selling their homes to random players for 999,999,999 hours for 1 quanta.

What prevents people from doing this with the current RDMS system they are working on? Can't the person that owns the construct already do this and keep track of everything with excel? If the studio incorporates billboards, I don't see why player can't advertise that contact this individual in game and you make an informal agreement right there.

• 2 weeks later...