Sin117

Mining ships and why we need them.

Mining Ships  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mining ships be in game?

• Yes please they will be so helpful.
    • No I think its fine as is.

The reason I see mining ships being integral to DU is a simple one Scale. Now imagine this you have a large organization and you want to start getting into bigger projects like large factory's, ships, buildings, space stations, etc... But you need the resources to do so and so you need to mine and mine and mine some more. Now just think of doing all that mining by hand, doesn't sound like so much fun does it? That's because it is not its just very very tedious and boring. However adding a way for mining ships to be in the game would easily fix that problem from down to the solo player that wanted to get into mining but just got sick and tired of going in a deep mine and digging his way all the back up to the surface every single time to the big organizations that just want to keep up with the demand of there projects. Mining ships would fix it all! Now in a game that focuses so much on the grand scale of everything it has to offer mining just doesn't seem so grand. Now I already can see several concerns here is a few that I think can be solved.  

Q1. Wouldn't the calculation of voxels collisions and destruction be to much?
A1. I do not think so not if they take the current scanning/mining system that is already in place and simply apply it to mining ships. 

Q2. Doesn't it have a high chance of inflating the economy out of control and put those who have bigger mining ships richer and those who do not poorer? 
A2. Possibly but as I stated earlier by taking the mining system that is already in place and applying it to mining ships they could very easily change the stats, values, and gather rates for these things to balance it out. Also doesn't someone who spent all that time, effort, skills, and resources on focusing and making a big mining ship deserve to have there mining operations be a bit more lucrative for them? 

Q3. On release date wouldn't everyone just go for mining? 
A3. Maybe in the beginning to get some money under your belt but ask yourself this. Would you go for and stick with mining? On release I am sure there would be many many more exciting things you can and would rather do within the grand scale of this universe than just mining. 

Not convinced because you have several concerns? List them down below! I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter!

On 12/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, Sin117 said:

The reason I see mining ships being integral to DU is a simple one Scale. Now imagine this you have a large organization and you want to start getting into bigger projects like large factory's, ships, buildings, space stations, etc... But you need the resources to do so and so you need to mine and mine and mine some more. Now just think of doing all that mining by hand, doesn't sound like so much fun does it? That's because it is not its just very very tedious and boring. However adding a way for mining ships to be in the game would easily fix that problem from down to the solo player that wanted to get into mining but just got sick and tired of going in a deep mine and digging his way all the back up to the surface every single time to the big organizations that just want to keep up with the demand of there projects. Mining ships would fix it all! Now in a game that focuses so much on the grand scale of everything it has to offer mining just doesn't seem so grand. Now I already can see several concerns here is a few that I think can be solved.  

Q1. Wouldn't the calculation of voxels collisions and destruction be to much?
A1. I do not think so not if they take the current scanning/mining system that is already in place and simply apply it to mining ships. 

Q2. Doesn't it have a high chance of inflating the economy out of control and put those who have bigger mining ships richer and those who do not poorer? 
A2. Possibly but as I stated earlier by taking the mining system that is already in place and applying it to mining ships they could very easily change the stats, values, and gather rates for these things to balance it out. Also doesn't someone who spent all that time, effort, skills, and resources on focusing and making a big mining ship deserve to have there mining operations be a bit more lucrative for them? 

Q3. On release date wouldn't everyone just go for mining? 
A3. Maybe in the beginning to get some money under your belt but ask yourself this. Would you go for and stick with mining? On release I am sure there would be many many more exciting things you can and would rather do within the grand scale of this universe than just mining. 

Not convinced because you have several concerns? List them down below! I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter!

I recommend checking out the Dear Novaquark thread as I would like to hear your input on the issue of mining/industry.

Sounds like a typical miner complaint from eve online. You want more profits for doing less.  Mining is fine the way it is, im sure there will be some tweaks, but I see no reason to have mining ships with the way the game is currently being developed and marketed.  Mining will be lucrative for the one of the main reasons you stated, eventually the majority probably wont want to mine, meaning the ones that do will be able to set a good price for their efforts.  And im sure down the road more skills and potentially "tools" in our hand could be upgraded or higher tiers to make mining go faster for those that spend the SP towards it.  

This is not an NDA section, so i can only tell about things that are already known publically about mining.

Mining is fine, and here its why...
1. Mining with mashines would be much more complicated than mining by hand, and it would be significantely slower with a mining ship than by hand.
You got ore vains deep underground. Similar to Space Engineers, but more complex.
To find an ore vain and its exact location is very complex in DU. Its not like you have markers like in SE Space Engineers.
Its more like 3D Pot-hitting minigame and i dont know if anyone is able to mine in SE if you wouldnt have pos markers of the ores.

2. You dont need to mine
If you dont like it, leave the work to others who enjoy it.
I dont mine a lot, but i always have everything i need, just by trading at ingame markets.
You dont need to mine in DU if you dont like it. Make money out of trading and buy all you need with it is lot easyer, if you know how to do it.

3. The DU Lore dosnt work like that
In the DU lore everyone has a suit called "Nanoformer Suit". Using this Suit has proven, that its much more effective than any mashine could be.
You only have to give more power to the suit and you can mine bigger spaces than any mashine ever could.
You dont need to transport a gigantic mashine to a certain location, you just need enough people with a Nanosuit.

In every other Spacegame you have spacemining with mashines, but NQ are the first devs think about if this is really needed.
And in DU its all about the Players.
Why are people still asking for mining mashines? Had Minecraft Miningmashines? Just ask why