Quick question

Kambalo

Is this game going to be like Eve Online where players who don't like PVP cannot play or there is going to be some sort of protection for those players who don't want to be involve in PVP? I am a miner and trader by desire. And my only goal would be to explore, find mines, and trade the ores. Is there room on this game for players like me?

I plan on starting out in DU this way, and I think this kind of play will actually be safer in DU than Eve, because it is more open, lots of surface area on the planets, and no chokepoints like Eve's stargates. The pvp players just create risk, like an enemy NPC would but less predictable. You might get ganked every so often but should be rare once you learn what precautions to take, and the rewards should be worth the occasional loss.

The DUniverse is huge and while yes, there will be safe zones where those who really feel they do not want to run into combat can stay and do whatever they can do up to the limits of said safe zones, I'd say it will be much more fun to just go out, find a remote spot and build yourself a base which you equip to be able to put up a defense or which you locate strategically making it as hard as possible to get to the inner part of the base.

You can also find/join an organisation where you will be able to do your thing and be protected by members of the org who do enjoy that part of the game

During the latest podcast NQ also spoke of being able to create groups/parties. So you could hire freelancers and form a party where you go do your exploring and mining while they provide cover.

So don't be afraid of the danger or the risk. Be creative in the way you avoid it and/or face it if you have to. And keep in mind it's just (space) pixels.