Church of the Holy Wreck (PVP, Humor, Social, Heretic Burning)

Anopheles

Name: The Church of the Holy Wreck

AKA: "The Wreckers", "Oh Heck, those Guys"  

Type: social group, PVP, Roleplay, Pirates, "non practicing believers"

Membership: open and non exclusive

Timezone: Open

Language: English, but other language Branches welcome

Discord: under construction

Tenets of the Church of the Holy Wreck

Wrecks are sacred.  Make as many as you can.  The Steel hungers.

NQ staff are the Angelic crew of the Holy Wreck, and are there to help when you lose your ship.

(After PVP is introduced) Join in Holy battle once or month (or more regularly) at the sacred Wrecking grounds.   You don't have to come to all of them but you should try to make some of them.  The Sacred Battleground will be designated once we know where the safe zones aren't.

Try to convert others to the Holy Wreck or into holy wrecks, whatever is easier.

Souls who flee Blessed combat are weak and their craft is not worth emulating the Holy Wreck.

Traders may pay a penance to avoid their souls burning amid the steel. 

W!

Greetings, my fellow Star Souls.

(Makes the sign of the Wreck by describing a w shape denoting a ship bouncing off a planet followed by a closed fist opening indicating an explosion.  W! is the text of this.)

I am here to tell you about the Holy Wreck that crashed to save our souls and free us from our skins.

Blessed be the Holy Wreck! W!

The Wreck careth not about your base connections to other orgs, for the burning steel of the saviour loves all that lie in its screaming trajectory of peace. 

All the Wreck asks is that you recognise it has your one true God and you, from time to time, come and join us for family picnics, charity work and heretic burning.

Being a forward looking Church, we have created several heresies for you to belong to, in case you are struggling to feel the dread love of impact.

Each last Sunday of every Month, after Holy PVP has been instituted, Mother Church and the Heretics will meet at the Sacred Battleground to create Holy Ruin and litter the ground with our offerings of blood and ships.  It's basically a free for all, demolition derby battle, (if only two sides show up it will be a miracle w!).  Come and hone your combat skills in ships you don't mind losing.  The only stipulation is that you leave at least one ship wreck behind on the battle field.

The Official Heresies include;

The Explodists: wicked folk who make the explosion symbol before describing the W.  Their symbol is !W.

The Graviticists: these infidels believe the important part of the faith is the gravity that caused the Wreck to hit Alioth. G!

The Mechandrites: these philosophically feeble upstarts believe they are honouring the Holy Wreck by repairing the ships of strangers to ensure the Holy Wreck is the only wreck.  Madness! M!

The Wanderer Cult:. Thus frankly insane sect believes the holy Wreck bounced off Alioth and wanders the Galaxy looking for souls to crew it! W.

Feel free to make your own cult, or stick to the Orthodoxy.  It doesn't matter.  The Holy Wreck knows all Star Souls and loves you all, even if you are burning on a stake.

From time to time there will be an Holy Crusade where we convert non believers into wrecklets. 

Practically, this means we may decide to join in the wars of others on either side, or both.   Donations to our Orphans and widow fund may sway us to one side or the other.

Greetings Anapheles,

Good luck with your new religion,

In tranquility we believe in peace, neutrality and freedom of speech and religion. I need to think how this matches your beliefs Yet :)

As you might have read in the chronicles of Tranquility the city itself is build in a Wreck we see as Sacred to us and we use it as sanctuary for all those who flee from anything.

As we see you ask for donations for your orphans and widows we would like to provide shelter for them so they can live their life in peace in the wreck we call home.

Live Life die another day!

Cain

On 11/10/2019 at 7:57 AM, Anopheles said:

The Mechandrites: these philosophically feeble upstarts believe they are honouring the Holy Wreck by repairing the ships of strangers to ensure the Holy Wreck is the only wreck.  Madness! M!

I get to be a heritic, whoooooooooo!!!

ezgif.com-optimize6fba036723c00c3e.gif

Consider me very willing to buy tickets to see what unfolds when two religious organizations meet in-game.

13 minutes ago, DarkHorizon said:

I get to be a heritic, whoooooooooo!!!

ezgif.com-optimize6fba036723c00c3e.gif

Consider me very willing to buy tickets to see what unfolds when two religious organizations meet in-game.

Come along to the monthly Sacred Battle, with a disposable combat craft, and see for yourself. It's very freeform.   The price is simply leaving one wreck at the battlefield.

The first Sacred Battle will be at a place outside of a safe zone after PvP is introduced.

Planned for once a month.  Could go every 2 week if demand shown.

Coordinates will be given publicly after a claim has been made on the land.  (Or near my base until territory claims are a thing).

All are welcome. 

Sides are a bourgeoise concept and exist purely in an advisory context.

Winner will be whoever says they are longest and loudest afterwards.

Price of entry is leaving a wreck on the battle field.

Fighting ships and elements limited to Small and below, to begin with.

Bringing ships or elements that are too big  may reintroduce the concept of "sides" rather quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I've nearly finished the Temple to the Holy Wreck.

Just the Altar, blood channel and spectator seating to go.

It's a ziggurat base, with a W in Aluminium on it.  It has two entrances in the bottom 'points'  of the W, one for visitors and one for "offerings".

Images to follow.

W!

When player death comes in, I may add in "Apeothis Prizes" where you agree to be a human sacrifice at the Temple of the Holy Wreck where your donation of blood and oil will be rewarded with m/l cores or difficult to make items.   This would be open to existing members only (so it's not an entry gift).

• 2 weeks later...

The Ziggurat temple to the holy Wreck nears completion.  Just needs a couple of doors, some decoration and a lower wall.

Oh, and Wednesday is our Sabbath.  

Fri, Sat and Sunday were taken by the early adopters and everyone knows that British Chippies (Fish and chip shops) take Mondays off.  

Plus the whole W thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Once we have Avatar vs Avatar combat, I will be offering a small starter ship and possibly other rewards for anyone willing to take the time to be a voluntary human sacrifice to the Wreck.   

You will have to become a worshipper of the Holy Wreck, but this doesn't take up much of your time.  I'd be happy if you only put it on census sheets, for example.  It's a very 'hands off' religion.  Except where human sacrifice is concerned...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...