A question if any one gets time.

makasouleater

I just found this on mmos.com, suprised I missed it. I see it has what I am looking for, the only real question I have is with these kinds of games, and a player ran economy is how do they plan on keeping the cheaters at bay? Eve online, Elite and Dangerous, BDO, or Arche age all are plauged with cheaters and bots. Is there any plans on how to deal with these guys? I saw also its going to be a monthly sub game, which means prolly no cash shop, which always leads to people trying to sell things on the internet.I mean archeage unchained just came out and it already has sites selling in game stuff, and services. The only few games I have seen able to deal with this are small games with few players, but from the sounds of the scope of this game, espeically the title that says millions can play in the same world, its shooting big, and the bigger it is the more rmt and cheating there is. Even the mighty WOW couldnt figure out how to stop RMT.

Guest Annabella

Welcome!

The game is in alpha, and many many many things are still being thought of and decided on and I doubt that we will know too much about that until later on. This is alpha 2 with one more stage of alpha before we get to beta.

I can say that many of the in game mechanics are designed to prevent that kind of game play or at least make it harder, so yes that is something that is already on their mind as they are developing the game.

Here is a list of link to all thing DU including a roadmap that is old and out of date, but it still is good to see what they plan to work on in what order

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/17197-links-to-all-things-du/

Most of the gameplay that you can not in other games is really hard to do here, because most gameplay needs the visual capabilities of a human to play, because there are no locking mechanics that most bots need. The only real way they could bot is using vision systems and AI

On 10/20/2019 at 8:56 AM, makasouleater said:

I just found this on mmos.com, suprised I missed it. I see it has what I am looking for, the only real question I have is with these kinds of games, and a player ran economy is how do they plan on keeping the cheaters at bay? Eve online, Elite and Dangerous, BDO, or Arche age all are plauged with cheaters and bots. Is there any plans on how to deal with these guys? I saw also its going to be a monthly sub game, which means prolly no cash shop, which always leads to people trying to sell things on the internet.I mean archeage unchained just came out and it already has sites selling in game stuff, and services. The only few games I have seen able to deal with this are small games with few players, but from the sounds of the scope of this game, espeically the title that says millions can play in the same world, its shooting big, and the bigger it is the more rmt and cheating there is. Even the mighty WOW couldnt figure out how to stop RMT.

Unlike those other games you mentioned, they are going to be selling game time for player to utilize for resale in game cash. Only reason why Eve Online is different is that yes they sell game time, but they also have mission running and mining mechanics that can easily be replicated by bots. There are always going to be botting in mmo's, the difference being the scale/amount that goes on in the game. CCP had botting under control for the most part until they allowed limited free 2 play and after that point it is wildly out of control.