The main goal / deeper sense?

Gerald_Deemer

You can build bases, ships and constructs.

You can explore the universe and digging for ore and minerals.

You can build up an organisation - even a whole state.

You can build weapons and start a war.

So when I´m not interested in being part of an organisation and not interested in battling because it`s a pure waste of ressources in my opinion.

I build my base and my ships and then?

What is left to do?

I can explore but for what deeper sense? There is no NPC thread attacking my bases or construcs. What can I find as an pure explorer to get satisfied with the game?

Guest Annabella

There has been some talk of flora/fauna but this won't even be considered even being though of until AFTER release. In other words they have not ruled out flora/fauna in a major update sometime AFTER release. Other solar systems have been mentioned, but once again not until AFTER release, and probably well after at that.

I don't think this is going to be No Man's Sky, where you see one small part of a planet you've seen the whole, each planet will have biomes and areas to explore, so it may take a while just to get though the planets and I think travel is going to eat a lot of time. I think they are going to keep a lot of stuff physical, limit the fast travel, and not have electronic data transmissions, so that most everything HAS to be done in person.

There may be some puzzles, but mostly it's a sandbox, it's what you make of it.

I think just being a tourist in game could be lots of fun, just to see what other's have built.

It's currently alpha, this is just the barely even bare bones,  and much past that I'm not going to say because you posted this in a NON-NDA channel.

DU is a sandbox, there is no endgame and no rails.

You make your own stories and your own purpose. The game will give you back what you put in.

It's not "what can I do now", it is what do you want to do now and how do you want to do it. The choice is with you here, its not for the game to present these opportunities to you, you create them yourself.

Thank you for your answers so far.

It`s exiting that NQ is saying nothing about mysteries, threads or secrets inside the Dual Universe. It`s like "everyting can happen" and with the new sponsor on board, all milestones (known and internal) have been reached. DU will be something very exiting, something big every gamer will talk about...

On 10/14/2019 at 1:19 PM, Gerald_Deemer said:

You can build bases, ships and constructs.

You can explore the universe and digging for ore and minerals.

You can build up an organisation - even a whole state.

You can build weapons and start a war.

So when I´m not interested in being part of an organisation and not interested in battling because it`s a pure waste of ressources in my opinion.

I build my base and my ships and then?

What is left to do?

I can explore but for what deeper sense? There is no NPC thread attacking my bases or construcs. What can I find as an pure explorer to get satisfied with the game?

Well depending on how much content the dev's put into their game there are a lot of professions you can do. 

• You can slave away mining resources for other players or organizations.
  • Be a weapons or building designer and sell the prints on the market.
  • You can space haul stuff to sell at other systems or build yourself a Millennium Falcon and haul stuff to organization's that are dealing with a space blockade 
  • Or be a spai, commit corporate espionage or sabotage another organization's defenses 
  • Take bounties on people 

Like I said it is really going to be dependent on the features as launch and shorty after. All but the designer point were actual professions in Eve before CCP started to kill them, in particular smuggling was pretty cool.