First Post. Have a few questions.

Myshuno383

Hi!

I've been following this game for a little over a year. I'm real into open world space games such as Space Engineers so I'm super excited for this. When I first heard about this a year ago, the price to get into alpha was a little too much for me. But now that its at $60, I'm more willing to dish that out to get in. But I do have some questions before I buy it. Sorry in advance if any of these questions are commonly asked ones or if this is not the proper subforum to post something like this.

1.) If I buy the "Contributer Pack", will this get me access to all future alpha play tests or just the next one?

2.) This pack also lists "x1 Beta key". Would I have to use that key on myself to be able to play beta, or is that meant to give to a friend for them to play in addition to myself?

3.) Does buying any of the alpha packs mean you're buying the game when it officially release, or would I have to rebuy it then? I understand that the game may be subscription based (which I am fine with within reason) but will the game itself cost anything?

4.) Given that the game is all on a single cluster server, how is latency handled given there are players all over the world? For example, if I'm playing in the United States but the servers are in Europe, theres going to be innate latency given the distance from the server.

Thanks for your answers and I hope to see you in space!

Guest Annabella
6 hours ago, Myshuno383 said:

1.) If I buy the "Contributer Pack", will this get me access to all future alpha play tests or just the next one?

Once your in your in for the alpha betas https://www.dualthegame.com/en/news/2018/08/08/release-roadmap-alpha-launch-announcement/ now do NOT pay attention to any of the dates for the road map!!!!!!!!! but if you scroll down you can see who gets what access and your looking at the bottom 3 choices for the current packages

2.) This pack also lists "x1 Beta key". Would I have to use that key on myself to be able to play beta, or is that meant to give to a friend for them to play in addition to myself?

Nope that is for you to give to one of your friends, trust me like's like crack, once you tried it you can't quit (no matter how hard you try, and yes I've tried)

3.) Does buying any of the alpha packs mean you're buying the game when it officially release, or would I have to rebuy it then? I understand that the game may be subscription based (which I am fine with within reason) but will the game itself cost anything?

No re-buy required. Yes they are talking a monthly subscription.

4.) Given that the game is all on a single cluster server, how is latency handled given there are players all over the world? For example, if I'm playing in the United States but the servers are in Europe, theres going to be innate latency given the distance from the server.

Alright this is out of my wheel house and probably better handled by a dev, but what I can link you to is a cool test they did a while ago on the server

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLh2OoTj8vc 

The reds are real people, the blues are computer generated characters for load testing purposes, so yes they are aware of the problems they are facing and are working on solutions!

6 hours ago, Annabella said:

once you tried it you can't quit (no matter how hard you try, and yes I've tried)

Are the alpha play tests not limited to a few days? I was under the impression that they only have the game "open" for short play test itterations. You make it seem like its an ongoing thing that you can't quit. lol