Packing Up Constructs

Project_Icarus

Quick Idea here; a nanopack tool that allows you to 'pack up' a construct and place it in a linked container, store it all as a single unit (not separated into component elements, voxels, and etc), and then 'unpack' and deploy the construct when needed. NO fussing about dismantling it bit by bit. No messing with LUA configs and scripts when re-deploying it. Just a simple way to pick up, store, and place constructs with little effort.

(Also, until docking works reliably this would be pretty useful)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 1:03 PM, Project_Icarus said:

Quick Idea here; a nanopack tool that allows you to 'pack up' a construct and place it in a linked container, store it all as a single unit (not separated into component elements, voxels, and etc), and then 'unpack' and deploy the construct when needed. NO fussing about dismantling it bit by bit. No messing with LUA configs and scripts when re-deploying it. Just a simple way to pick up, store, and place constructs with little effort.

(Also, until docking works reliably this would be pretty useful)

For the love of god, YES we need this!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 9:48 PM, Shynras said:

No it's not planned, markets for ships are intended as large zones where they are physically placed. 

It has yet to be stated by NQ (or post a reference please) As I am curriuse if that's the case.

On 12/13/2019 at 10:40 PM, unown said:

It has yet to be stated by NQ (or post a reference please) As I am curriuse if that's the case.

it was stated a long time ago, in many occasions, I don't remember where. They said something along those lines lately, maybe in the last podcast.

4 hours ago, Shynras said:

it was stated a long time ago, in many occasions, I don't remember where. They said something along those lines lately, maybe in the last podcast.

I checked the last podcast no mention of it ;(

• 5 months later...