Specific Ship Models for Organizations

Yamamoto

Hi guys,

I was wondering, what do you think of the idea for an Organization to restrict you from flying your own ship, instead you can buy different ship designs from them and then customize it slightly. Obviously, this cannot be applied to everyone, however I think using similar ship 'theme' so to say will bring a lot of immersion into the game. I guess it depends on how you look at it, players are free to design anything they want, even if it's totally out of line with a Space game, which at least for me hurts the immersion part. 

I am curious to see what do you guys think of flying wooden ships, submarines or anything ugly/out of theme for that matter. Do you think it's creative and cool or it ruins the experience? 

If ppl want to fly only certain ships die to immersion they will just do it. No one will join that org anyway if he doesn't agree to that. So there's no need to implement a hard mechanic for that imho. 

I don't care what I fly as long as it outperforms similar ships 

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, it would go against the intent of the game to place a hard limit like that. 

What may happen is that orgs might end up building a handful of designs based on cost and performance. You can build your own org's designs wholesale instead of paying another org's retail price.