Roads that doesn't require core to build for big cities. [suggestion]

BaileyVandenbroek

Is using several cores really a problem? And the number needed depends on the size of the core. I believe the ability to align cores is planned, which would make it easier.

Or with adequate terraforming tools, you could just use terrain voxels to make roads.

On 8/9/2019 at 2:04 PM, Haunty said:

Is using several cores really a problem? And the number needed depends on the size of the core. I believe the ability to align cores is planned, which would make it easier.

Or with adequate terraforming tools, you could just use terrain voxels to make roads.

Yeah colouring terrain in black with white or yellow could do the job.

• 4 weeks later...

We have some lengthy discussion on this topic in the NDA section of the forums. There are indeed "ground vehicles", they are what you have when the vehicle is loaded with kilotons of stuff and can't lift off but can still move forward. Given limitations on how many people you might consider paying to transport a lot of stuff from point A to point B, it may very well be more economically feasible to just pay one person, one time, to move all the stuff, than a few people a few times, and also the added fuel costs.

There have a been a number of suggested solutions, none of which I can share here, but just using the terrain tool, means any old joe can walk up and mess it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/2/2019 at 8:18 PM, Context said:

We have some lengthy discussion on this topic in the NDA section of the forums. There are indeed "ground vehicles", they are what you have when the vehicle is loaded with kilotons of stuff and can't lift off but can still move forward. Given limitations on how many people you might consider paying to transport a lot of stuff from point A to point B, it may very well be more economically feasible to just pay one person, one time, to move all the stuff, than a few people a few times, and also the added fuel costs.

There have a been a number of suggested solutions, none of which I can share here, but just using the terrain tool, means any old joe can walk up and mess it up.

Well if that is the case, sounds like it would be better to just have a rail system implemented into the game. The videos already makes gas very expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue with allowing players to build "roads" or "paths" without a core will always lead to griefing. There is no investment gain/loss from a player if your just allowed them to edit the world on the fly and in any territory.

If you want to build a road from one city to the next then you need to plan it out and pay for it, simple as.

XS Cores (the smallest) shouldn't be too difficult to build, but at least you own it and no other play can edit it....but possibly in the future they can destroy it and disrupt supply lines, who knows ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 10:44 AM, Kael said:

The issue with allowing players to build "roads" or "paths" without a core will always lead to griefing. There is no investment gain/loss from a player if your just allowed them to edit the world on the fly and in any territory.

If you want to build a road from one city to the next then you need to plan it out and pay for it, simple as.

XS Cores (the smallest) shouldn't be too difficult to build, but at least you own it and no other play can edit it....but possibly in the future they can destroy it and disrupt supply lines, who knows ?

Well I was under the impression that you couldn't really build once the territory has been claimed. So if you make a house and don't claim the territory, then you can expect an outfit to bull doze said house when they evict you. I don't see why they can't put roads in if you have cores that run the length of that highway or just in general without cores. The videos put out is that you can terrform anything, but if someone claims that land and you didn't, then their ownership of that land supersedes you current creation.