Some Questions on NDA and Alpha

MoonSet416

So I've been on the fence about this game for quite some time, and am still unsure if I should get it. With the current alpha coming around, I wonder how strict the NDA is? Will I be seeing early reviews (or even gameplay) online to inform my buying decisions?

36 minutes ago, MoonSet416 said:

So I've been on the fence about this game for quite some time, and am still unsure if I should get it. With the current alpha coming around, I wonder how strict the NDA is? Will I be seeing early reviews (or even gameplay) online to inform my buying decisions?

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:50 AM, MoonSet416 said:

No you should not get it - yet.

You're on the fence and the information is not visible enough for you to make a purchase decision based around, considering the normal assumption of "opportunity cost" and also "locked cost" once you purchase.

Just be patient, there's any number of other things to do until the game is more developed and more info is available on more features which are more polished and PLAY-ABLE.

That said, from my own objective point of view: The TREND of development: It's RATE and QUALITY (ie timeliness of meeting milestones that are significant and not superficial) is impressive for a game of this scope! So that is the very positive side to waiting atm.

Personally I am waiting as I always said for Alpha 3. For a few reasons:

1. I knew the milestones for Alpha 1 and 2 would BOTH come with a few extra months delays so it was worth just waiting longer.

2. By Alpha 3 I presume the base game it's CORE FOUNDATION will be more solid (the building, crafting, economy stuff and performance of course). This is already a WORLD of gameplay interest and creativity alone.

3. Building on the above, a first glimpse of PvP is WORTH 60$ to me in such a large and player made ship MMO multi-crew game, and I can buy a more powerful spec ready machine for that time too for better price with all the above already in place making other players busy and hence generating not blind nonsense pvp but some interesting REASONS for pvp.

4. It will be interesting to feed back to the devs that PvP will be a very careful system to implement. This system will take a long time to integrate correctly and all the while the devs can improve the ship combat itself for fun reasons while ensuring it serves a useful role in the actual overall game world itself.

5. I think if the devs are successful at hitting this part even in NDA, the game is going to start catching a lot of interest... we might see a lot of our friends from Star Citizen and other space games come along and check out the interesting possibilities for interaction in DU.

6. It's still ALPHA. Even then and will take even longer to get to BETA which is really where most people should consider the first place to start. But if you are asking now then I'd say Alpha 3 for people like you who are already considering at this very early stage esp. given getting into good orgs and making an economic impact and so forth are going to be valuable more early on.

Hope that helps.