Authentication Bot for each Discord server / DU-auth

CodePeon

duprintdu.png

Hereby I would like to present you my Discord Bot "DU-auth" for each Discord Server.

The users of a discord with "DU-auth" can authenticate themselves with their Dual Universe Board Profile.

With this bot, fakers and cheaters have no room.

Facts about the bot:
- Users only need two steps to authenticate themselves.
- Server owners only need three simple steps to install the bot.
- Auto check of changed names (enable or disable).
- Many admin commands to configure the bot.
- Define the role for authenticated users.
- Define the channel for commands.
- Create private welcome message (enable or disable).
- Users only have to authenticate on one discord with "DU-auth", then they are also authenticated on other servers.
- Needs only minimal permissions.

More information:
https://sites.google.com/view/du-auth

Try it now on my test Discord server:

https://discord.gg/GZ8u5UG

duauthdu.jpg

greetings

CodePeon

I advise Discord owners not to use my bot if they do not have enough experience about the permissions system of Discord servers.

It is of course possible to exclude the bot from certain areas and you can also manually assign minimal permissions to the bot.

10 hours ago, Lethys said:

Yeah, no thanks. In a game like du it's always a bad idea to share info (no Matter how small) with others/a bot/a program 

Yet Lethys you were "Encouraging" people to use that  mapping application you guys were developing... wouldn't that fit into the same category? Especially since I doubt you guys were gonna release your code for review. 

Linked below >

Spoiler

While I appreciate the effort put into the project. I'm not going to authorize to yet another bot ran by a community member of whom I know nothing of. Moreover, if that database or how I'm being authorize is not public available and approved by Novaquark, I'm not putting my account in risk by allowing 3rd party discord owners know who I am in discord. Just stick to the official one by Novaquark.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Wilks Checkov said:

Yet Lethys you were "Encouraging" people to use that  mapping application you guys were developing... wouldn't that fit into the same category? Especially since I doubt you guys were gonna release your code for review. 

How do you know that? Assumptions and nothing more. 

Yes it's the same category and everyone can decide if he wants to use it or not. Don't rly see the problem here - I won't use any other programs and whatnot and if others don't use my scripts/programs (which is hilarious in itself if you know my coding......"skills"....) for the same reasons, That's fine too. 

I am simply pointing out your aforementioned comment and raising a valid point as to your current opinion based on the facts that have been observed. I have not seen, anywhere, where you have discussed releasing the code for your project or for a matter of fact the original poster releasing his code, even in a abbreviated format, for review. Hence the difficulty in determining if the code performs what it actually does, or is there just to farm data from your computer. 

Clarity is key after all, especially in the eyes of the community. A community which has been burned by some individuals in the past with their unprofessional / childish behavior. Some of which have either claimed to or have been accused of using spyware to observe the competition. 

18 minutes ago, Wilks Checkov said:

I am simply pointing out your aforementioned comment and raising a valid point as to your current opinion based on the facts that have been observed. I have not seen, anywhere, where you have discussed releasing the code for your project or for a matter of fact the original poster releasing his code, even in a abbreviated format, for review. Hence the difficulty in determining if the code performs what it actually does, or is there just to farm data from your computer. 

Clarity is key after all, especially in the eyes of the community. A community which has been burned by some individuals in the past with their unprofessional / childish behavior. Some of which have either claimed to or have been accused of using spyware to observe the competition. 

The only thing which was release was a teaser and nothing more, everything else falls under nda. So still, just assumptions on your part imho because you Base them entirely on one teaser and have no idea what I did with my project in the last months (which I can't tell you either because it would violate the forum rules).

Besides all of that: Wrong topic here to discuss all that

I still fail to see why @yamamushi 's bot was met with the amount of hostility after it became clear it was a perfectly safe and useful tool while NDA is in place. It worked well and the paranoia of some was really uncalled for. 

You can always choose to not use the bit or not sign up for servers using it.

I find it amazing. 

The original Yama-BOT doesn't take any 'personal' information.  It grabs a key posted on your PUBLIC DU Forum Profile and grabs the fact that you are or are not alpha authorized (also public) so that the discord unlocks a few channels by giving you a tag.   (And NQ has SEEN his code which is good enough for ME...  I've been coding for over 30 years.)

It simply can't do anything else, it can't grab your Discord PW, it can't grab your forum PW.  It's secure.  It's safe.  Whether @yamamushi made/makes the code for the bot public or not is moot.   The same would essentially apply to the author of this bot.  Please, don't take MY word for it.  Go learn how to make one on your own, and if you've the ability to do so, you'll see I'm right. 

I get the reservations from those that don't understand the 'magic' behind the scenes.  That's fine... don't use it, but don't speak badly from ignorance or being uninformed... unless your intent is to merely troll the post (and in a civilized society that would be the ONLY reason ANYONE would do so... cuz they'ze ig-nant), in which case you can just go <insert your choice of nasty self-inflicted idiocy here.>

I give you the following URL to discover for yourselves just how makeing a bot is done;  How to make your own Discord BOT

Have a cookie... ?

'nuff said!