2 Res Nodes

Uruku Telal

I get what your aiming at here.

I would even make it different and make it a single person transporter indeed, short ranged with a sending and receiving unit, and dependent on distance an exponential power usage with a maximum range.

The bottom line is that Resurection Nodes are supposed to be just that.....

You die you end up there.

We can't die right now because we can't be hurt.  BUT....

The whole concept of 'Force Respawn' right now is an immediate teleport, inventory and all. 

If the mechanic works as I believe it will in the future, Force Respawn may as well be named 'Suicide to Clone' because when you die all your stuff is going to be with your 'body' and it can be looted.  If that were the case now, how many of us would 'Suicide to Clone' leaving all our stuff behind with our Body?

It is the way it is only for testing purposes and as a QoL feature that is quite likely Very Temporary. 

~pictures a landscape of dead DU citizens scattered about~

Oooh... piece of candy... wonder whats on THIS corpse..... 

On 6/29/2019 at 12:51 PM, B334ontap said:

I would really like the ability to have two resurrection pads, one on a ship and one as a home location. Maybe the 2nd for Home would have to be on a static core construct for balance.

One of the perks for higher level funding packages is 2 resurrection nodes. Therefore, it will be possible to have more then one at some point. Probably just after they build in the dying and corpse mechanics.

24 minutes ago, Tordan said:

One of the perks for higher level funding packages is 2 resurrection nodes. Therefore, it will be possible to have more then one at some point. Probably just after they build in the dying and corpse mechanics.

Yep and I wouldn't be surprised if you actually either a) rez to the 'nearest' one or b) are given a menu to 'select rez node to rez to'

developers already said that we will have ability to use multiple resurrection nodes (personal ones, arkship and organization owned) and it is known from devs that we will spawn in nearest one, no choice will be given.

I'm excited for JC's vision of RNs to become reality :D 

It's too easy right now to teleport across the solar system to a remote planet that a team member has flown to, fill up your inventory with precious ores, deactivate the RN and teleport back to the ark. 

On 7/2/2019 at 8:27 PM, spaceforger said:

developers already said that we will have ability to use multiple resurrection nodes (personal ones, arkship and organization owned) and it is known from devs that we will spawn in nearest one, no choice will be given.

The funny thing here if it's possible to make resurrection node 'public' so that if someone dies around. it's spawned in it. If yes, it will be exciting experience to be trapped inside someone basement without option to get out :D

3 minutes ago, Miamato said:

The funny thing here if it's possible to make resurrection node 'public' so that if someone dies around. it's spawned in it. If yes, it will be exciting experience to be trapped inside someone basement without option to get out :D

As far as I know players will have to register to RN, not sure if that will be same for organization owned RN but it would make sense, so no unknown spawn points ;)

11 minutes ago, spaceforger said:

As far as I know players will have to register to RN, not sure if that will be same for organization owned RN but it would make sense, so no unknown spawn points ;)

So actually you can build a resurrection node. Tell everyone that it's public and get small payments for registration, once you have enough money and people registered - build a bunker around with no exit :D make more money on letting people out

2 minutes ago, Miamato said:

make more money on letting people out

At first I didn't think this would work because they could just force respawn at the ark when they realise they've been tricked - but unless you can reset the RN, they'd just keep respawning on the same node LOL 

6 minutes ago, Miamato said:

So actually you can build a resurrection node. Tell everyone that it's public and get small payments for registration, once you have enough money and people registered - build a bunker around with no exit :D make more money on letting people out

Only one player per personal RN is planned, if you need public then use organization nodes, but all is subject to change.

So I guess all I have to do is leave your organization and kill myself and I am out of that bunker.

1 hour ago, spaceforger said:

Only one player per personal RN is planned, if you need public then use organization nodes, but all is subject to change.

So I guess all I have to do is leave your organization and kill myself and I am out of that bunker.

It depends whether you are going to lose smth when you exit corp ;) There may be a lot of tricks here when you just lose some of your assets in this case, like ships parked at closed org hangars ;)

2 hours ago, Miamato said:

It depends whether you are going to lose smth when you exit corp ;) There may be a lot of tricks here when you just lose some of your assets in this case, like ships parked at closed org hangars ;)

nopes, only thing you lose is access to constructs that have same tags as you had when you were in org, so your personal stuff is safe, most of your your inventory will be gone though.