Blueprint description

huschhusch

English (deepl used)

Meanwhile I have designed a large number of different constructions.
This has created the problem that I can no longer reliably distinguish design variants, especially if they are older.

In order to be able to identify the respective Blueprint reliably (without building it first), a description of the Blueprint which one can freely provide would be very practical as embedding in the Blueprint.
This description should be a HTML format in which you can also add pictures and videos. So you could display this HTML on every screen in the game or send it to the net.

For the sale of a Blueprint such a description is also very helpful.

What do you think?

German (original)

Mittlererweile habe ich ein große Anzahl von unterschiedlichen Konstruktionen entworfen.
Damit ist das Problem entstanden, dass ich Entwurfsvarianten nicht mehr sicher unterscheiden kann, insbesondere wenn sie schon älter sind.

Um das jeweilige Blueprint sicher identifizieren zu können (ohne es erst zu bauen), wäre eine Beschreibung des Blueprints die man frei erstellen kann als Einbettung im Blueprint sehr praktisch.
Diese Beschreibung sollte ein HTML-Format sein in dem man auch Bilder und Videos einstellen kann. Damit könnte man dieses HTML auch auf jeden Bildschirm im Spiel darstellen oder im Netz versenden.

Für den Verkauf eines Blueprints ist eine solche Beschreibung auch sehr hilfreich.

Was mein ihr dazu?

Die Waldfee

On 6/29/2019 at 1:47 PM, huschhusch said:

This has created the problem that I can no longer reliably distinguish design variants, especially if they are older.

I use a simple methodology for BP's to distinguish variants.  Version Numbers.

[TAG] (S/D|XL|L|M|S|XS) BPName v0.1

Tag is Corp Tag, in my case [GOI] for Golden Oak Industries.  An S or a D to indicate Core Type, and a size designation. If I have a ship that is called the Explorer  on an XS Dynamic Core the example would be;

GOI DXS Explorer v0.1

Any time I make a 'change' to the ship that warrants remaking the BP I update the value;

GOI DXS Explorer 0.2

This way I always -know- what the current iteration is.  If you rename your construct prior to each BP, you're set. 

English (deepl used)

Hello Lachenlaud,

Many thanks for the tip, but I've been using version numbers and speaking blueprint names since the beginning.

Unfortunately some variants are just attempts to try optimizations. You won't see these changes in the item list. Why and what this change should cause I have to write a table and take some pictures. Therefore it would be good to store this information directly in the Blueprint.

German (original)

Hallo Lachenlaud,

Vielen Dank für den Tipp, aber Versionsnummern und Sprechende Blueprintname verwende ich seit Anfang an.

Leider sind manche Varianten einfach nur Versuche um Optimierungen auszuprobieren. Diese Änderungen sieht man dann auch nicht in der Itemliste. Warum und was diese Änderung bewirken soll muss ich momentan ein einer Tabelle mitschreiben, und entsprechende Bilder machen. Daher wäre es gut diese Informationen direkt im Blueprint abzulegen.

Die Waldfee

1 hour ago, huschhusch said:

Why and what this change should cause I have to write a table and take some pictures. Therefore it would be good to store this information directly in the Blueprint.

I see what you are saying.  You want to store revision information.

A blueprint comparator, so to speak.  I like the concept and would be fully supportive of such a  thing.  

Being able to store itterative information within the Blueprint would be a great idea.  

I would also like the ability to 'swap' ingredients for materials, if not elements, out of a blueprint. (for instance if its made from blue plastic, let me substitute red, etc.)

Or, if I go to spawn a blueprint for which I don't have all the materials, allow me to spawn it anyhow with a warning that missing parts/materials will have to be added manually afterward. 

English (deepl used)

Hello Lachenlaud,

yes the exchange of voxel in the blueprint would be very helpful.

The execution of blueprints which consist of more than 1280m³ will come anyway, or NQ must allow linkcontainer which are bigger. (e.g. space stations)

Because where does NQ want to set the limits?

Unless NQ takes the Blueprint as a special container.

My suggestion is: the blueprint can be filled. But nothing more can be taken out and it can only be executed if everything is in it. In addition, the Blueprint weighs as much as its content.

German (original)

Hallo Lachenlaud,

ja der Austausch von Voxel im Blueprint wäre sehr hilfreich.

Das Ausführen von Blueprints die aus mehr als 1280m³ bestehen wird sowieso kommen, oder NQ muss linktcontainer zulassen die größer sind. (z.B. Raumstationen)

Denn wo will NQ da die Grenzen setzen?

Es sei den NQ nimmt den Blueprint als Spezialcontainer. (ohne Mengenbeschränkung)

Mein Vorschlag ist:  das Blueprint kann man füllen. aber nichts mehr entnehmen und er kann nur ausgeführt werden wenn alles drin ist. Außerdem wiegt das Blueprint soviel wie sein Inhalt.

Die Waldfee

English (deepl used)

another idea to realize a blueprint description would be a TAB-function for a selected blueprint.

Like in the construction mode you could view your blueprint in a virtual room (without environment) without the possibility to change anything. Thus, constructs designed underground are also visible as a whole.

German (original)

eine andere Idee eine Blueprintbeschreibung zu realisieren, wäre eine TAB-Funktion bei einem ausgewählten Blueprint.

Wie im Baumodus könnte man sein Blueprint in einem virtuellen Raum (ohne Umgebung) betrachten ohne die Möglichkeit etwas zu ändern. Damit sind dann auch Konstrukte die unterirdisch entworfen wurden als ganzes sichtbar.

Die Waldfee