Drilling platform

Lavayar

I think its good idea to bring variations in mining. I vould like to see not just mining by bare hands but more productive ways.

I think drilling platform must work with data gathered  by teritory scanner. But first territory scanner must provide precise data on ore node position (it may need more time or more then one pass of scan). So when you get data you losd it to drill platform and position it in right place. Drilling time will depend on depth  of ore node and ore tier. 

Also drill operates not virtually sucking ore from underground. It makes noticeable hole in ground and when it reaches ore node it mines it chunk by chunk.

I think drilling platform will be more sutable for minning hi-tier ores.

It seems NQ is against mining diversity and everything will be mined by 'magic hand'. 

Though I would like to have possibility to build mining stations and ships. Even not for sake of efficiency, just because it seems more logical to me. 

• 4 weeks later...

i would really like to see a form of "automated mining" cause as a pvper i don't want to farm X hours just to build something i'm gonna explode 30m later, and it force pvper alliance to become an overlord with many "carebear farmers" pretty much like "renters" in Eve online and it's not a "fun" gameplay, even if the automated mining facility need to be defended (can't be protected by a shield) and his yield poor compared to X players mining i would rather take this than force hundred players to give me 20% of their ore cause "renter" in Eve is cancer AF they are useless, they don't fight don't do politic they just make money everyday just to make money, they don't play and we don't demand them to play just because they bring us money

i really don't want to see that in DU

On 6/26/2019 at 9:30 PM, Miamato said:

It seems NQ is against mining diversity and everything will be mined by 'magic hand'. 

Though I would like to have possibility to build mining stations and ships. Even not for sake of efficiency, just because it seems more logical to me. 

NQ dont want too much automate but not mean not automate or only mining hand. They clear have a point, with automine too much or more productive than when compare with player ... new player will have hard time to struggle in game as NQ view new player or newbie as work force (blood ) of the entire game industry.

31 minutes ago, Seidan said:

i would really like to see a form of "automated mining" cause as a pvper i don't want to farm X hours just to build something i'm gonna explode 30m later

No. Please, No.

At this point you may as well be asking to just buy our resources from NQ with cash.

If you're really burning through ships and supplies that fast, that's a you problem, not an economy/gameplay problem.

4 hours ago, Seidan said:

i would really like to see a form of "automated mining" cause as a pvper i don't want to farm X hours just to build something i'm gonna explode 30m later, and it force pvper alliance to become an overlord with many "carebear farmers" pretty much like "renters" in Eve online and it's not a "fun" gameplay, even if the automated mining facility need to be defended (can't be protected by a shield) and his yield poor compared to X players mining i would rather take this than force hundred players to give me 20% of their ore cause "renter" in Eve is cancer AF they are useless, they don't fight don't do politic they just make money everyday just to make money, they don't play and we don't demand them to play just because they bring us money

i really don't want to see that in DU

This isn't eve with it's fast paced pvp gameplay where you lose your ship, get back to your base, hop into the next ship (1 of 50) and get back into the fight. 

Later in the game you can ofc do pvp only (which is also my intent). Make enough money with other activities like production or trading and just buy your ships. But keep in mind that it'll never be as in eve. Simply because you also have long travel times of minutes to even hours, depending on where you are.

Also you dont have to lost ship in every battle, as long as it can move you can still get your pathetic chesse ship back station (as we dont have hp system for ship so we can assume it can run until it explode )

On 7/20/2019 at 5:34 AM, yamamushi said:

No. Please, No.

At this point you may as well be asking to just buy our resources from NQ with cash.

If you're really burning through ships and supplies that fast, that's a you problem, not an economy/gameplay problem.

Just with what we know about PvP there a problem already, you can't kill farmers just raid their base protected by a "vulnerability timer" or a shield thats the "big problem" not automated mining facility with a poor yield / can be easily destroyed, a miner just gonna create a base dig below and farm all day without any problem move their shit when no one is around creating inflation and you can't do anything about that

but okay, if pvper can't farm we just gonna take "farmers" and offer them our "protection" after we raid their base and stole everything, personally i don't care i'm not a sheep if we can't have automated mining we just gonna take slaves

(vulnerability timer/Shield isn't a problem of course, "raid-off" is cancer AF)

1 to even own any area is going to cost you a lot to even build a Territory Unit

2 i am 100% sure to have vulnerability timer/Shield timer you will need to put in fuel

3 if you own a Territory Unit i am sure there will be a tax on it

4 in less a Territory has a lot of a rare ore it might not be worth putting down a Territory do to all the cost. might dig into the profit to much.

5 have you ever been under raid in eve ? it is a nightmare to move your stuff out of your base after you lost that first timer cuz you are being camped hard 24/7 i know first hand being in brave being hunted by pl

6 automated mining will make the ores worth nothing in the long term, giving new players no good way to make money.if new people cant play you will be shooting yourself in the foot. you need new blood for the health of the game.

7 if mining ore in this game is a money faucet i am 100% sure we will have money sinks like the one i said in #3 as well as market taxes these sinks will help control  inflation .

8 you want to be a pvp and not loot to make money? i think you might be doing it wrong. you might have to farm a few time but i am sure you will take on smart targets with good odds like maybe 1vs 8, and yes i sure you will lose stuff once in awhile as a pvp but im sure when you dont there will be high rewards

9 i never payed rent to mine in eve , maybe join a corp that does not f you over.in fact my corp help protected miners for free even at the cost of get blown up.

i like the idea of a mining platform, would hate to see holes all over the place from guys running around shouting 'mine mine mine' or sabotaging other miners underground mazes. but still make manual mining better i guess. but platforms for offline players.

8 hours ago, Knives Wolfwood said:

1 to even own any area is going to cost you a lot to even build a Territory Unit

2 i am 100% sure to have vulnerability timer/Shield timer you will need to put in fuel

3 if you own a Territory Unit i am sure there will be a tax on it

4 in less a Territory has a lot of a rare ore it might not be worth putting down a Territory do to all the cost. might dig into the profit to much.

5 have you ever been under raid in eve ? it is a nightmare to move your stuff out of your base after you lost that first timer cuz you are being camped hard 24/7 i know first hand being in brave being hunted by pl 

6 automated mining will make the ores worth nothing in the long term, giving new players no good way to make money.if new people cant play you will be shooting yourself in the foot. you need new blood for the health of the game.

7 if mining ore in this game is a money faucet i am 100% sure we will have money sinks like the one i said in #3 as well as market taxes these sinks will help control  inflation .

8 you want to be a pvp and not loot to make money? i think you might be doing it wrong. you might have to farm a few time but i am sure you will take on smart targets with good odds like maybe 1vs 8, and yes i sure you will lose stuff once in awhile as a pvp but im sure when you dont there will be high rewards

9 i never payed rent to mine in eve , maybe join a corp that does not f you over.in fact my corp help protected miners for free even at the cost of get blown up.

seem like you don't play Eve anymore, before they remove it from the game the moon mining was exclusively for alliance or in some rare case for important people (FC CEA VIP...) to reward them, the money was only used in alliance asset and SRP, people fight to get the better moon, everyday, but now in Eve no one fight for them because they can't afford to mine them, soo what happen ? well people don't blow their ship in order to get those moon that create inflation (rorqual mining + skill injector don't help either)

for your point 1 2 3 4 be sure money / ressource isn't a problem for bigger group if they want something they take it, i'v played enough survival game to understand that, that don't work

5, no it's not, in Eve in order to move your shit you just undock with a carrier with everything you have in cargo and jump out, if you don't have a carrier/JF people help you moving your stuff, but in wormhole it's true, you can be "blocked" and forced to "insurance fraud" (self destruct your own ship in order to earn the insurance) and for small stuff get in a ship with everything inside and warp to a safe spot / disconnect in space before they destroy your citadel and stole everything

6 maybe, maybe not, i'm pretty sure it's the opposite people gonna fight for them and destroy this money from the game, but with hand-farm they don't need to fight for mineral just like Eve, if they can't afford to mine (need more people) they just gonna sit and wait someone attack them, probably gonna go to war 1month/6 nothing more, like Eve

7 true but that's game balance we can't predict what gonna happen, maybe i'm totally wrong maybe not

8 DU is more Hardcore than Eve, you can raid people and stole everything, in a fight you can even rob their ship why i'm gonna mine ? pvp seem more fun than sucking some rock or creating some stupid cities who gonna blow up anyway

9 i don't i just mine for my alliance when they call a CTB (call to barge) cause we need this money in order to get SRP as a small alliance, but mining take us a lot of time we have plenty of moons but far less people mining them, we are a "pvp focused alliance" we have some krab but everyone just want to fight and i'm pissed because we can stole big ass moon from other alliance but we don't cause if we do we would need to mine them, thats why i want automated mining in Eve and DU, i want to fight i don't want to farm

• 1 year later...

As an industrialist I’m all for automated mining so long as you have to maintain it, defend it, and have skills/items to set it up.

Honestly in eve miners were never the problem it was the PVErs who just printed isk killing rats. Miners bring in ore> to build ships >that get blown up... its a good cycle since the ore gets used. Ratting and killing NPCs just prints money and resources though which kills the economy.