Horses!

Destruktioner

I know I know, wildlife is intendeed to be added far after the 1.0, but… HORSES!! I mean, the landscapes are beautiful in Alioth, with forests, and meadows… HORSES!!! You know that western-like sci-fi genre? with outlaws, and bounties, and duels… HOOOOORSES!!!! I dont know, its maybe the more epic animal species to be introduced in the game. What did you say? Alien horse-like creatures? no... HOOOOOORSES!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of farming, just growing buffs, for health etc, and training or taming beasts for battle, pets or help.  But to make it look realistic,  where you have to build pens and gardens.  Bit advanced I suppose, but for those not so into fighting or building but want to help on the side... 

• 3 weeks later...

Admittedly, horses (or similar creatures) might actually have real advantages over say, hovercraft. They are self-repairing to a certain extent, and doesn't require fancy fuels or powerplants to run it - just the local biologically compatible food. This makes them a whole lot easier to maintain. I have set forth wear and tear mechanics in the past, mainly as a means of balancing the game while allowing extensive automation, which biological mounts could fit into.  Horses actually do fill a niche in modern military operations.

Many nations still maintain small numbers of mounted military units for certain types of patrol and reconnaissance duties in extremely rugged terrain, including the conflict in Afghanistan. 

At the beginning of Operation Enduring Freedom, Operational Detachment Alpha 595 teams were covertly inserted into Afghanistan on October 19, 2001. Horses were the only suitable transportation for the difficult mountainous terrain of Northern Afghanistan. They were the first U.S. soldiers to ride horses into battle since January 16, 1942, when the U.S. Army’s 26th Cavalry Regiment charged an advanced guard of the 14th Japanese Army as it advanced from Manila.

-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_in_warfare#Modern_uses