Transparent voxels (pls delete me)

GeniusGames

It would be nice if you could make voxels through upgreats or processing transparent. Voxels from which one could look from inside to outside or vice versa. So you could save the glass panes or windows and eg. Upgrade a stalwart voxel on a PvP ship to minimize the vulnerabilities. With LUA you could control the transparency function. :)

Probably if main idea is stealth it's not about physical transparency but more about some material, that better reflects scanner 'waves' or signals, whatever will be used for scanning structures. 

I am especially concerned that a ship could consist of PvP safe voxels. If windows and glass are the only materials you can look through, then everyone wants to build their bridge or cockpit out of glass so that you can see something while flying. There will not be a 3rd person. To see something in his ship you have to build glass. And then glass could not be PvP safe and quickly destroyed?

Therefore it would be cool if you could decide for yourself that you can make all voxels as transparent, but with the same security, Health Power (HP) as the normal voxels.

Do you understand me? :)

I don't think there are any "PVP safe voxels".

There are PVP safe territories, such as around the Arkship.   But if you're flying through space, I don't believe there is anything to prohibit you from being ganked.

still a good point, it would be a sort of really thick glass, like bulletproof. Why not?  it will make building interesting, and i can imagine its possible to add it somehow, would be really nice to be able to build dome like structures with it on planets and ships

With tab target combat it wont matter at all what your constructs are made of in any particular place as you will not physically shoot and damage them but instead use your character and element that does damage stats, so technically you can make a ship from cheapest materials and it should perform same. The one thing that might be taken into consideration is some kind of overall strength of voxels used in your construct to determine how many "hits" it can handle but pvp will be next year and then we should have more information about how Novaquark plans to handle this. I suspect we will have some kind of sub-targeting system in place to choose where we want to hit enemy.

34 minutes ago, spaceforger said:

I suspect we will have some kind of sub-targeting system in place to choose where we want to hit enemy.

Pew Pew Pods?

Big Shiny Robot | REVIEW: Falcon Gunner

Truly I am hoping that weapons systems don't have much in the way of automated targeting and that they are more reliant on People than in most games, or at least are more efficient when Not in an automated configuration. 

On 6/19/2019 at 3:40 AM, GeniusGames said:

Therefore it would be cool if you could decide for yourself that you can make all voxels as transparent, but with the same security, Health Power (HP) as the normal voxels.

Wouldn't it be better if this only happens from the interior (so you can see the exterior from your ship) but at the same in the exterior becomes a camo material that blends perfect with the background so they can't see you? and for the same price, can this feature make your ship invisible to radars? and just to squeeze that last drop, can this feature also make the ship ignore physics? that all together will be perfect for pvp.

/sarcasm

On 8/4/2019 at 12:36 PM, ilodev said:

Wouldn't it be better if this only happens from the interior (so you can see the exterior from your ship) but at the same in the exterior becomes a camo material that blends perfect with the background so they can't see you? and for the same price, can this feature make your ship invisible to radars? and just to squeeze that last drop, can this feature also make the ship ignore physics? that all together will be perfect for pvp.

/sarcasm 

Yes, that would be fun. But there can not be any invincible PvP ships, I would say. The idea of being able to make voxels transparent by processing them industrially is already enough.