Data Handtool

Syl

With all of the information that needs to be managed, I think there's great opportunity to introduce something like a hand reader, or tool that manages and organizes the data.  In a typical MMO or fantasy game you couldn't get away with this, but in DU I think it fits the theme.  Such a handtool could initially manage things like distance from selected objects, altitude, compass direction (map features), gravity, and eventually be upgraded to manage velocity, thrust, (engineering reports), mass, lift, etc...  It could also eventually, or potentially integrate  mining tools, and provide a broader spectrum of information (direction of ore, size of ore, composition).  Such a handtool could potentially interface with other things like, the territory scanner.  It could also include chip upgrades, like enhanced performance in certain areas (mining, flight, voxelmancy), or provide variation on HUDs.  

I'd like to be able to select what data I see on my HUD/GUI.  

LUA would certainly add a level of customization to such a handtool.  

My suggestion is that such a tool be integrated into the storyline, as a sort of introductory quest (starter tutorial) where a new player has to retrieve their data tool, and that walks them through some initial data management, and basic tool usage.