Ability To House Smaller Dynamic Constructs inside of larger Dynamic Constructs

Belispeak

Say you have a large megastructure planetside or in space it will be useful to have this ability.

People could rent and customise rented rooms as they please or build a certain part of your structure with no risk of them griefing your overall project.

This way people have more autonomy and it's less risk and work for the megastructure owner if these people just have permission to edit a specific core rather than the main core.

Somewhat Similar Post - 

Yah I would love this to happen but this has been Suggested like 8 times in Pre-Alpha. If they do allow us to rent out spots of a Constructs  it would most likely with just doors where you can go up to a Rent-Me Door and rent out the Room on the Other side with options to use the Containers in there. 

this Will probably come out in one of the Betas or release 

22 hours ago, Oddsivren said:

Yah I would love this to happen but this has been Suggested like 8 times in Pre-Alpha. If they do allow us to rent out spots of a Constructs  it would most likely with just doors where you can go up to a Rent-Me Door and rent out the Room on the Other side with options to use the Containers in there. 

this Will probably come out in one of the Betas or release 

As long as the two constructs are not touching each other. One "floating" inside the other we could have complete customisation and rights management of the internal construct.

Key point is that they are just two separate constructs, not just parts of the same one. Therefore one could assume each could have a different owner.

To be honest, this is the thing i based my space city on, Building a large "ship"merge/link it with alot of other large cores for the meta structure and then place small and medium cores on that structure to rent out to people who dont want predefined places but want to build their own rooms. These cores should have ownership by the city but full acces to the renter to do whatever he/she wants. For this to happen interlinking or binding is needed on a large scale. Option two would indeed be to rent a prebuild room and free the door for someone but that limits the creativity of players that do want to customize their rooms. For the mass that wants a room and doesnt mind how it looks, or for regular crew quarters military style its no issue.

And Its NDA to say if its already possible or not ;) But i think it should not be to hard to make it possible to not dock the rooms but link/bind them.  this will also be needed for escape modules and everything else we can think of creatively like full container hubs ( stacks of containers per core with no command functions) to be replaced at "harbors" with empty ones

• 1 month later...

Just like on minecraft we could select extremities or draw the outlines of where they can build and outside of that they can't edit so example you touch the walls voxels all around the room whatever the room shape is it will block them from editing beyond that line and under it we could have different colours like red for floor outlines then green for second floors so example they have two floors apartment they can't destroy the ceiling of the first floor then a gray line for the second story floor then a blue line for the second floor ceiling outlines limits. Or a simpler way you select surface that can't be destroyed .