Recycle element

Apillion

Well i dont agree a bit about it, it make recycle become too easy. I would like to see player setup recycle industry tho.

Like an element already craft so you can basic recycle it to decompose it back to part that need when create that element. But if you want to recycle that part back to raw material you will need a bigger machine or set up a recycle system for it. It will be fun.

7 hours ago, Apillion said:

We need a Element that can be placed in your base or ship that can recycle elements that you no longer need to return a portion of the raw materials.

I agree - a recycler should break down anything put into it to its previous 'component part' BUT if you go beyond that it should be at a loss, i.e. if you try to get back to 'raw' stock you should only get a specific percentage back from it (perhaps based on a recycling skill?)

6 hours ago, Lachenlaud said:

I agree - a recycler should break down anything put into it to its previous 'component part' BUT if you go beyond that it should be at a loss, i.e. if you try to get back to 'raw' stock you should only get a specific percentage back from it (perhaps based on a recycling skill?)

Yes, recycling should involve some loss of material.  

On 5/26/2019 at 3:28 AM, Lachenlaud said:

Even better than my suggestion.

Combined with ShioriStein suggestion of needing something like a Factory set up to do recycling .

I don't mind it being hard to recycle stuff and perhaps even taking a long time to do but it would really be nice to have..

Cause when you start building bigger ships the parts from small ships kinda becomes useless.

I'd say that everything you put in it should be decomposed to raw materials. Because if you put a component in a grinder for example, it won't deconstruct, it breaks it down to the original element. and maybe even a mixed element maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

iirc the devs have said that DU will feature a very complex crafting system - I imagine this involves handling various chemical and mechanical processes, as well as pure assembly. 

In the same vein, decrafting should also feature similar processes, with near - 100% returns on simple disassembly while more complex processes will take a recovery hit.

Deconstruction is a good way to maintain value on less useful items since the minimum price will be set not by ITS demand but by the demand for the materials available after recycle/decon.  Also I agree, if implemented, it should be done at a loss.

I also like the idea of people making careers out of finding wreckages and scrap and essentially cleaning the universe and selling the mats to active players.  Sounds interesting to have junk traders especially when the universe ages some and the main/easy resources have been heavily tapped. 

• 1 year later...

Recycling sounds good. A recycling facility sounds good in compare to a simple "all in one recycler". Finding and salvaging wrackages sounds good, maybe in combination with a mission system "Help to keep to universe clean, find the abondened wrackage near x,y,z and salvage it. By completing the mission we pay you 25.000!"

We could even have some skills for it like "wrackage scanning distance" or "pinpointing", similar to mining.

I like the idea.

Edited by Treknib
just typo

Just today... I finally got around to building my first "Recycler M".... only to curse quite loudly over discord to my brother that the darn thing doesn't recycle anything.

Yes, please cast my vote and support for a "Deconstruct-or L M S" elements to use. So that we can toss all this unwanted garbage in back to ore bars. Especially since I made a couple dozen different colors of blocks to find the two I wanted to use LOL. I'm fine if there is a loss factor at play. There already is when constructing bars, products and elements.

"Go sell it on the market" ... meh ... 

• 2 weeks later...