overwerk: the mobius paradox

hello there, I’m a space engineers’ player that has recently made the transition to DU. my skills vary, but I do know that I have a proficiency of making the best weapons around.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

backstory

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when you gaze into the abyss, sometimes, the abyss gaze back

this is what I learned in my old life, perhaps I should have been more careful.

I used to be a space engineer of quite a renown, leading an anomaly research team named mobius. but in reality, we were looking for ways to create more powerful weapons by studying the physics of extreme objects. this is what drew us to the blackhole CORA-7B/37-HI1278. by all accounts it was a pretty standard small size black hole, but it was actually inside a star system, and looked like it was on the same orbit that was occupied by a gas giant. this was interesting, and we wondered if such a collapse could somehow be replicated.

but something was odd, the readings didn't make sense. the mass and the gravity field were not matching/ sadly, we would not have enough time to figure out why. I was on the observation bridge, watching as data was coming in, when we detected an energy spike. the black hole started to grow in size, and its gravity field expanded likewise. it didn't take long for our stabilization thrusters to be overwhelmed we rushed to the escape pods, but the gravity was too strong. many didn't make it, and mine smashed into a piece of the starboard engine, knocking me unconscious.

and when I woke up, everything was... odd. no sign of my crew or my ship, not even a single piece of debris. just my mauled pod and me, standing in front of that gigantic structure I would later know as the arc. I’m still trying to understand exactly what happens, but it is not what bothers me most. there are things, in my head. I am sure I didn't know them before. one of the guys I encountered gave me this weird glove, and I couldn’t explain why, but it’s like I already knew how to use it.

there are still many questions, and I intend to find out what happened to me, and perhaps if I’m lucky, find out if any of my crew somehow made it out alive.