Player nearby offering (short range market)

AreS

A "Market" is the sum of all Buyers and Sellers in the considered area. A "Marketplace" is a platform or place where transactions / trading occur. The game will have a Bartering System (Player-to-Player Trading System) which was announced for the upcoming r0.15. You can't take data out of that!

What you described is a "Promotional technique" in which the community can do it themselves in-game on their own, directly and/or indirectly (we have Screen-Elements in the game). To increase or create interaction between Potential Customers and Sales, Promotional techniques are used. The aim is to increase or create awareness, create interest, generate Sales, or create Brand Loyalty. Let the Sales Team handle them!

If you are looking to buy a specific Item in real-life, how do you know where to start looking for them? The answer is, you might already know because of word-of-mouth and these Companies are paying a lot to Promote their Products! All you have to do is go to nearest Retailers that sell them (in which the Retailers are also paying to Promote themselves). Retailers, Wholesalers, and Distributors are Distribution Channels for getting a Product to the Market (the Buyers). There is a Supply Chain to this!

I wanna see the cities in DU full of Promotions! :) It just looks more bustling, lively, and commercialized! 

shibuya-center-street-in-tokyo-japan-DY9

Novark's surrounding may look just like that after a time...

I think what AreS want to say, is link to the "you may buy something on the market, but you have to go fetch it".

I haven't see a restriction about distance in this system. So it can take you time to retrieve something.

Wouldn't it be better if we could just add a distance filter on the buying system ?

If not, I guess it create some steed job opportunities.