Alpha 2, is that you ?

Yuu

Nine month ago, NOVAQUARK was announcing is roadmap (Roadmap). On it, they say they were aiming for "1st half 2019" for the ALPHA 2, named "Dual Evolution".

Today, on the 23th ot April, they still have more than 2 months to keep this schedule. But it's look like the Alpha 1 is ending too, with only one last session planned (planning).

So, maybe, it is time time for round 2 ! And  time to let the new contenders enter the Ark !

And the program is mouth-watering ! Mass production, market, skills !

Does anyone know if the world will be reset between the alphas ? If it's so, players from Alpha 1 will only keep their original blueprints, is that it ?

I won't speak to the details of a full wipe just to be on the safe side of the NDA. But this week is not the last test of Alpha 1, they only release the dates a month in advance. So after this test we will get the dates for Alpha 1 testing in May. 

A similar topic already exists: 

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "gif no star wars"

So saaad... I pledge in the beginning of the month, and was growing impatient to join the game.

Thanks for your answers ! I will just have to wait for an official announcement. 

The server status site usually only shows a maximum of around a months worth of test sessions. At around the end of the month the next months tests are usually announced. So no, Alpha 1 is not ending next week. It will end when Alpha 2 begins and that will be announced clearly.

As to whether there will be wipes as each new phase starts: Yes. Full wipes were always planned going into the Alphas (Alpha 2, and Alpha 3 remaining) and Beta, and the last one for full release. The only thing players keep are their blueprints.

Hope that clarifies a few things.

@Yuuyake Don't worry man! I already have access to the Test but I am still taking a break from Testing the game (I can Test the game if I want to, but I have no motivation). Let's keep in mind that this is a Test and all the mechanics of the game are still not finalized (some are still in development, some are yet to be developed, and some are subject to change). I am just like you, I am not even Testing the game! We still have a lot of time before Beta and Release.

3 hours ago, Kurock said:

The only thing players keep are their blueprints.

In which the mechanics of the game will expand and change. We don't even have the Combat developed yet! There are just many things to factor when it comes to Construct-designing that we don't even have yet or not finalized!

Thanks.

I've never participate to an alpha before, so I'm interested of doing so. More so for NK and their growing reputation of listening to the players points of view.

And even if mechanisms will change before the release, mastering the voxel based building system will take time, so I wish to try it early.

*Scream in slow motion* Noooooooooo !

May would have been the perfect month for french players, with a lot of public holidays...

Well, I guess I will start a new Stellaris game and annihilate the rest of the galaxy while waiting...

Oh... Wait... Did I just blow my chances to join INA ? 

Aaron, if you hear me, I solemnly swear to not take un-neutral action inside of the Dual Universe, and to blow things up only in the others universes instead... 

Hahaha, Your free to blow up any universe in any other game, well even if you By accident blow up a planet in DU you can still join the InA, as-long as you are neutral by the Conami.

Accidental planetary blowups are not described, we all have that red button we better not push, Right?

Sometimes planets are just in the way for that interstellar Highway and there is no other possibility, just make sure you sent them a note in advance :P