Interactive Elements Category

Syl

Just playing around with ideas but I think it would enhance the game to have interactive elements that "connect behaviors".  For example, Ball Bearings, and Magnets (and yes I realize there's a prior post about magnets).  I'm not suggesting elements that provide behavior for behaviorial sake, but perhaps a class of "mechanical" elements that provide different interactions in a similar way that buttons and switches provide, when paired up with different items of the same class.  Positively charged magnets combined with negatively charged magnets for example, create a magnetic field.  A positively charged magnet by itself is just attracted to certain types of ores and voxels (like Mag Boots to walk a deck in vacuum).  Ball Bearings paired with Couplings to provide a range of motion/rotation (linear movement),  Actuators that provide lift/movement.  A gearbox, or just plain, simple gears and cogwheels (imagine centrifugal force space stations).  A pulley assembly (loading docs, space elevators)

Such items I think would greatly enhance the build of gameplay, and really open up the power of voxelmancy in what's already a pretty cool implementation.  

I agree, and there have already been a lot of topics around the idea of connecting constructs :

For me, the ability to connect things, and movements between them, is an important feature missing in the game (as far as I know).

I was thinking of mechanical connexions, but magnetism would add an nice Sci-Fi feeling.