A civil or military status for cores.

Tango_Lima

Hi

Imagine a team who doesnt want wars or fights, just to build.

If you create a beautifuf and  complex building like a Palace/castle , it will be so much pain to see this creation totaly wiped out by an attak came from an other team.

I know that many players will say "it s the game" but there is a big problem behind this for NQ...

In that case , the player's reflex will be to construct in "bunker style" and the game will be totaly awfull to see because all players will construct quickly because it will be low cost to rebuild.

In this perspective, the game will be awful, bunker every where..

So , will it be possible to declare a STATIC CORE in a status like "CIVIL", so it will be  impossible to connect military elements on it. If a team decide to attak and destroy it, it will be punish by NQ or another system ..just imagine it.

Other cores could be declared MILITARY CORE and could be attaked.

That solution will give place to great creations, that it will be profitable in the game's development, otherwise, i'm afraid that DUAL will become a bunker's land area.

3 hours ago, Tango_Lima said:

So , will it be possible to declare a STATIC CORE in a status like "CIVIL", so it will be  impossible to connect military elements on it. If a team decide to attak and destroy it, it will be punish by NQ or another system ..just imagine it.

Then ppl can just abuse that and use such a core as a forward respawn base. Or bunker all the valuable resource there. No thanks. 

As said, that's what safezones are there for. 

You can imagine that a ship arriving close to a civil core with amo in cargo will switch the core's status in military...when ship will leave, the building will  come back to civil status. no trap...it will be clear for all radars.

For the respawn, it's a "wait and see" . Let's see what NQ will decide.

For the safe zone, if it will be only Alioth... no interest for a game with "space scale", if it's one on each planet, why not..

The main idea behind this post is that NQ will must have a serious system to provide a game with the main goal  = "rebuild a civilisation" into a "World of bunker"

We can not rebuild with destroyers.

Arm your civilian building or shield it. 
I want to build a space city and there i cannot even use Territory units so i just need to arm it or have it fly at max speed 24/7. that is the implication of having a game with PvE and PvP elements combined. Just aslong as there are no killboards or level points per kills the actual amount of PvP will be related to actual need on the side of the PvP player, if any classification or XP is added we can expect useless PvP destruction as the risk then is much smaller as the gain, or maybe even the need for xp/classification.  This will all depend on the PvP system that we will get. 

22 hours ago, Tango_Lima said:

You can imagine that a ship arriving close to a civil core with amo in cargo will switch the core's status in military...when ship will leave, the building will  come back to civil status. no trap...it will be clear for all radars.

For the respawn, it's a "wait and see" . Let's see what NQ will decide.

For the safe zone, if it will be only Alioth... no interest for a game with "space scale", if it's one on each planet, why not..

The main idea behind this post is that NQ will must have a serious system to provide a game with the main goal  = "rebuild a civilisation" into a "World of bunker"

We can not rebuild with destroyers.

Well that's broken too you know. 

Then I just apply to the org with an alt, bring my PvP ship there and my org mates from my main org just kill the base because I switched the civil core with my alt. 

One safe zone per planet is definitely too much. For all I care NQ can make the whole starting system with alioth in it a huge safezone with no valuable resources anywhere ofc. 12 planets should be enough, no?

As long as the vast majority is free space with precious and rare resources to fight over, I'm all in 

Same for me, i would like to see a large safezone with basic materials only. High gains should have risks and PvP is perfect for that. Besides that, it will be anyone's choice to go pirate/police state/freelancer or anything between that. Having a safezone with only basic materials can even boost great PvP battles over resources as there will be enough base materials that way to build warships

2 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Same for me, i would like to see a large safezone with basic materials only. High gains should have risks and PvP is perfect for that. Besides that, it will be anyone's choice to go pirate/police state/freelancer or anything between that. Having a safezone with only basic materials can even boost great PvP battles over resources as there will be enough base materials that way to build warships

Yes, at present this seems the simplest and therefore most robust and most flexible direction of unfolding of gameplay by player behaviour in DU (that might happen). I agree.

Note, emphasis: Building is probably a very rewarding activity at a very basic level of interaction for MOST potential players of DU. Thus building to start with and alone is sufficient FUN. Add to that then next designing and tweaking and interacting and sharing and memory forming and property and social (all without any combat or military interest) SAFELY and you have yourself a huge enterprise already - in game. Note, such agglomerations increase social osmosis / ambience which a lot of players enjoy as well as opposed to a 1984 style of anxiety from threat of constant attack.

The fact of the matter is, the exploring, scanning, planning, mining, "secure the area", logistics, consuming time, grindy stuff and risk of loss is a very different type of gameplay appealing to large groups who are more "hardcore"/competitive minded than the above but nonetheless can supply the above players with the necessary "stuff" to do their gameplay - and compete with each other to do so.

Given the gigantic size of the game world, seems there's space enough for everyone.

Existence of non-destructible structure means one more mechanic to abuse. Because someone can build a military structure within a circle of civil ones. As a result the 'area of contact' with military structure may be pretty small therefore easy to defend. 

But probably there may be some kind of 'wonder of the world' contest once per month or few - where players select one most interesting/beautiful building and make it a public nature reserve - non destructible, but ownership is transferred to some non player based neutral corporation to avoid abuse. 

Even without it - that's enough to have safe zones on some moons where you can just bring/buy resources and build fancy stuff.