Hi, let's play together! :)

Hi everyone!

Just hopping to say hi to the community and introduce myself since I've just joined the game. I come from Thailand and I live in United states right now. I'm a fan of strategy game and space theme game. I am looking for economic/crafting focus game-play and this game seems to have a good potential in those aspects!

Hope to have fun playing with all of you! :)
BananaPudding

Welcome!!!!!! good to see you here, there are alot of possible organizations in the economics and crafting. Are you looking for a neutral or PvP organization? an industry or nation/federation or a city?  regular or mercenary? and then in english or different?

So many choices :)  And you made me hungry..... so back to the Tranquility lunch Corner :P 

ooooooh nice!!!!!

I am trying to build an Asian district on Tranquility but its pretty hard to find people who are actually organized as such. Still i would like to build a part of the space city with futuristic Asian looks. With a Japanese corner, Chinese, Korean, Thai, you name it :) Would love it

Nice to meet you!!

21 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Welcome!!!!!! good to see you here, there are alot of possible organizations in the economics and crafting. Are you looking for a neutral or PvP organization? an industry or nation/federation or a city?  regular or mercenary? and then in english or different?

So many choices :)  And you made me hungry..... so back to the Tranquility lunch Corner :P 

@Aaron Cain Thank you!  Those choices are all fine with me. I still don't have specific preference in mind yet. Depends on the opportunities I guess. ;)   

30 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

I am trying to build an Asian district on Tranquility but its pretty hard to find people who are actually organized as such. Still i would like to build a part of the space city with futuristic Asian looks. With a Japanese corner, Chinese, Korean, Thai, you name it :) Would love it

Sound awesome!

6 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

I am trying to build an Asian district on Tranquility but its pretty hard to find people who are actually organized as such.

I have knowledge of Asian cultures. I am fluent in Chinese, Korean, and Filipino and grew up with these cultures (I am not Korean, but I grew up assimilated in Korean). These, I know very well, culturally and linguistically. I can help with these should you have any questions.

We don't really mix all Asian cultures into 1 district in overseas (I've seen mixed Asian plazas of businesses such as restaurants commonly, that's it). I live in Toronto which is a multi-ethnic city. We have a China Town in Spadina, and we have a Koreatown in Bathurst. There is also what you call a "Little Manila" (or "Filipinotown"), but it is not as big compare to Chinese and Korean, it is very small. All of these are what you call "ethnic enclaves". Also, there are not many Japanese diasporas worldwide, that's why there is no such thing as Japanese community enclaves overseas (I've never seen one or heard of such thing in my life).

We have the largest Overseas Chinese in Southeast Asia (they migrated there throughout history). They are Fujian and Cantonese descent (most are Fujian descent). My descendants are recent migrant Chinese (not the Sangleys) so I know the culture.

The Chinese in Singapore speaks Mandarin. The Chinese in Malaysia speaks Mandarin and Cantonese. The Chinese in the Philippines can only speak Hokkien. Hokkien (Fujian) culture and language is prevalent in Southeast Asia since most Chinese in Southeast Asia are Hokkien descent (you can see this in the food, etc.).

China towns can be composed of 2 parts: modern infrastructures (Chinese businesses), it can also have traditional Chinese infrastructures in it. All China towns in Southeast Asia have Taoist traditional infrastructures (you will not see a Mahayana Buddhist traditional infrastructure ever in any China towns in the world. Only in Singapore, and that is only 1 single Temple). Here in the West, the China towns are modern infrastructure with Chinese business signs (very rare to none that you'll see some traditional infrastructures because these China towns are not as old).

Ofcourse, the writings in traditional infrastructures are Traditional Chinese to represent tradition (modern infrastructures can have Simplified Chinese such as here in Canada. Those "too many signs" are business signs such as some Barber Shop with it's Phone-Number. Chinese has a culture of doing business. Same thing if you go to Japan and Korea, you will see that they have too many signs - those are a bunch of business signs! They too are business-cultured!). Remember that only Hong Kong and Taiwan use Traditional Chinese writing for modern use. 

China towns can have an Archway or Gateway called Paifang (牌坊) if you want to add that kind of traditional infrastructure. Old China towns (established a long time ago) do possess some traditional infrastructures.

The Chinese have a long history of migration. The oldest China town in the world which is in Manila was established during the period of Ming dynasty. So you have to expect some traditional infrastructures. China towns that are not old do not have them. 

The Koreans have no history of migration (so do every other Asian countries except the Chinese as far as I know). Koreatowns are modern with no traditional infrastructures.

Traditional infrastructures exist mostly only because of history, or they built them on modern period to represent traditional culture. We only see this in Chinese.