System with rails or monorails for use like a train?

Ryclos

Hello,

i don’t know if this question have already asking, but rails system coming out?

monorails or somerhing like that for train, or anything use this for industries

thank you

• 3 weeks later...

So, I haven't really participated in any but the very first few Alpha sessions, so I'm not sure about the current state of development. But I think, in theory, you could build a tube, put a hovercraft in it with smaller engines all around to keep equal distance to all walls and then just slap massive engines on the back and front. The small engines keep you from getting caught on corners, the large engines propel you through the tunnel. Just need to build everthing smooth.

22 hours ago, SimonVolcanov said:

So, I haven't really participated in any but the very first few Alpha sessions, so I'm not sure about the current state of development. But I think, in theory, you could build a tube, put a hovercraft in it with smaller engines all around to keep equal distance to all walls and then just slap massive engines on the back and front. The small engines keep you from getting caught on corners, the large engines propel you through the tunnel. Just need to build everthing smooth.

I believe it will be possible just to make some kind of programmed autopilot to keep hover vehicle moving straight. 

Anyway it's a totally different idea and just a workaround. 

Rejecting this kind of constructs makes me sad because there would be no 'multi grid' vehicles. So they should always come at one piece. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 12:51 PM, Ryclos said:

Hello,

i don’t know if this question have already asking, but rails system coming out?

monorails or somerhing like that for train, or anything use this for industries

thank you

The one issue with this, even if it was setup, is feasibility/economics. Why should a capital and labor intensive mode of transport exist if it covers a massive amount of land and is tied to only one planet? 

its probably possible to create something akin to a monorail, have the central rail and place hover engines around it in such a way that it will not move side to side or fall, it wont be as effective as you might like but it would probably work