Hello Everyone!

CitizenKaye

This is my first post here in the forums. I go by CitizenKaye and am delighted to have discovered Dual Universe.

After watching Ready Player One for the 500th time, I decided to look for a virtual world to be a part of. I am not sure where I can fit into this world or how I may yet be of service, but I feel that a list of skills and aptitudes may be a good way to attract feedback from the community and point me in the right direction.

I have a background in finance, so I understand economics and markets, supply/demand etc. I was pretty fantastic at sales, but found tech to be more interesting, so I switched gears a few years ago and embarked upon a Data Science degree, with which I will be graduating this summer. Most of the programming we have learned was computational in nature, focusing on Python, R, MatLab, SQL, SAS and some old-school Fortran. Programming is fun and might be of use here, though likely not in the languages I have mentioned, but once you learn one, picking up other languages is much easier. I am wondering if building things in this game will allow me to learn new programming languages. If so, it would be totally cool!

After doing some more reading and seeing how all of this works, I am planning to buy a full package. I would also be interested in running my current PC build by someone to see if it is suitable for this game before I commit. I am not an expert on hardware, so maybe someone could see if what I have is sufficient. If there is a better place in the forums to put something like that, please let me know.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and seeing what kind of new world we can make!  :)

Hiiiiiiiiiiii

I already love your enthousiasme and We need you!!!!

not only in DU but for building this world, this DUniverse!

Anything you like specially? You do have a nice background to start in DU and probably alot of people would like to "add your distinctiveness to their own" :P

So if you already want to get into some DU and like to see some organizations, feel free to contact me. "We don't have dreams, We Build Dreams, We Realize Your Potential and Build the Future" care to join us in building? 

Welcome!  Sounds like you're gonna fit in just fine.  And being a programmer, you're going to be in demand!  Lua is what you need to be looking at.  I'm sure with your background you'll pick it up rather easily. 

Here are the last specs NQ has posted.  I'm not sure if they have been updated recently though, have not looked.

CPU: Intel i5 (i7 may yield better results)
    RAM: 16 GB minimum.
    Graphic Card: nVidia GTX 960 (or Radeon equivalent) with at least 2GB RAM.
    HDD: 40GB required for installation and Cache (a SSD Hard Drive may improve performance)