Org Management

unown

Org Management  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Org Management

• yes DO IT!
    • No purge it with fire!
  2. 2. Org Tax/ upkeep

• Tax To much power so NO upkeep will bring those large orgs to there knees so YES!
    • Tax yes ;) upkeep no :(
    • Tax and upkeep are great ideas and should be implemented
  3. 3. Org Vaults

• One is enough
    • Yes all the vaults
    • Terrible idea Bordwipe!

So cool you have over 100 players in your org but how are you going to manage what they can and cannot do? Also a few related uttilys that would be helpfull.

Org Management

I suggest using a system similar to ark where you can make ranks put members in them whitch controlls things such as there ability to build,destroy,mine and use constructs that the org owns the one thing however that would be problematic is that the structure of the systym is only a one way systym for example you can have the ranks lead,co lead, and member but say you want to add somthing like a builder that has access to co lead things or only have access to certain things from co lead while still having member acess to fix this problem incorporate a pyramid thats very similar but allows you to set ranks to be more specific.

Org tax 

This will allow orgs to make cash to use on the org and keep it running (see below) this tax will be applied to any sale of goods simlar to eves corp tax systym. Also it gives a org a way to be centralised economically.

Org upkeep

This puts a nice money sink in the game and limits large orgs instead of putting a member limit instead for every member a certain amount of money will have to be paid every month This will also reqire a org vault as well (see below)

Org vaults

This is a vault systym for orgs in whitch there upkeep can be deducted however There should not be just one per org and heres the reason why Taking from the game eve online a certain player was able to steal and wreck a entire alligence due to having access to everything (google it if you havent heard of the story) Now having multiple org vaults allows the org to diversify there cash and have vaults dedicated to certain things.

6 hours ago, unown006 said:

I like the systym however it does not answer everything thats here vaults,tax,upkeep.

Well taxes will be raised with markets mainly, maybe RDMS allows for members taxes (die everythingthey sell for example) - who knows.

upkeeps are another story as this is a sink. For that to work we first need to see if the economy as a whole works with only one faucet.

Vaults  = base/room/chest with restricted RDMS

43 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Well taxes will be raised with markets mainly, maybe RDMS allows for members taxes (die everythingthey sell for example) - who knows.

upkeeps are another story as this is a sink. For that to work we first need to see if the economy as a whole works with only one faucet.

Vaults  = base/room/chest with restricted RDMS

You cant store quanta in a physical vault however that may be a intresting idea 

36 minutes ago, 0something0 said:

Org upkeep will already be a thing as they will have to maintain their ships, bases, TCUs, and whatnot.

Yes But I am referring to a way to add a sink to the game

3 hours ago, unown006 said:

Then where the money "sink" will go ? As above have said, org will have to maintenance and buy fuel, material, food, ... And with that the bigger the org is, the more upkeep budget it is. And the money that org spend for that will follow into the global economic.

3 hours ago, unown006 said:

You cant store quanta in a physical vault however that may be a intresting idea 

Why you have store quanta as it wont be or drop in small ? I dont know but still from the dev said those quanta will be the last money for emergency situation like all your ship is gone so is your base, you can always do again not "NOOOO all my stuff is gone and i'm empty" . Well few people maybe can still do again from that with empty hand and pocket but not so many will be like that and they will simply quit, a loss for game and community.

7 hours ago, unown006 said:

Why? all trades and cash will be between players, no NPC that will give quests, no added cash from the outside technically speaking so why a sink?

It is not even clear how we can generate cash from nothing, let alone make it already disappear into a black hole.

What i would like to see before we get a discussion on cash sinks needed for the overflow of cash is how NQ thinks cash is generated or provided. If no-one has cash at day 1 and no NPC generates cash and Ores cannot be used to craft cash in the end there will be No cash. Simple as that. 

Also, if NQ Gives everyone 10k in the end there will only be 10k times number of players including alts ingame, that is also an amount that in that case can never get larger. Add a cash Sink and in the end all Cash is gone. 

No added cash to the game whatsoever will always lead to a shortage of cash.

6 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Why? all trades and cash will be between players, no NPC that will give quests, no added cash from the outside technically speaking so why a sink?

It is not even clear how we can generate cash from nothing, let alone make it already disappear into a black hole.

What i would like to see before we get a discussion on cash sinks needed for the overflow of cash is how NQ thinks cash is generated or provided. If no-one has cash at day 1 and no NPC generates cash and Ores cannot be used to craft cash in the end there will be No cash. Simple as that. 

Also, if NQ Gives everyone 10k in the end there will only be 10k times number of players including alts ingame, that is also an amount that in that case can never get larger. Add a cash Sink and in the end all Cash is gone. 

No added cash to the game whatsoever will always lead to a shortage of cash.

True the sink is somthing that can be used if needed

8 hours ago, Lethys said:

Why should You do that - quanta are safe in your wallet 

You suggested it or atleast thats how I perceived it but as a comparison the org vault I suggested acts like a personal wallet for a org and I also suggested there should be more then one so you can dedicate certain cash for certain things for example a Orgs industry budget can draw from a different pool of Quanta then the Orgs Military Budget and it creates a tool for a Org to prevent betrayals as well 

9 hours ago, ShioriStein said:

Then where the money "sink" will go ? As above have said, org will have to maintenance and buy fuel, material, food, ... And with that the bigger the org is, the more upkeep budget it is. And the money that org spend for that will follow into the global economic.

Why you have store quanta as it wont be or drop in small ? I dont know but still from the dev said those quanta will be the last money for emergency situation like all your ship is gone so is your base, you can always do again not "NOOOO all my stuff is gone and i'm empty" . Well few people maybe can still do again from that with empty hand and pocket but not so many will be like that and they will simply quit, a loss for game and community.

read above ;)

12 hours ago, unown006 said:

You suggested it or atleast thats how I perceived it but as a comparison the org vault I suggested acts like a personal wallet for a org and I also suggested there should be more then one so you can dedicate certain cash for certain things for example a Orgs industry budget can draw from a different pool of Quanta then the Orgs Military Budget and it creates a tool for a Org to prevent betrayals as well 

That can be done with virtual wallets too, no need for physical warchest somewhere which introduces new problems. I meant such vaults in the sense of rooms restricted to certain RDMS access,  not for quanta storage 

56 minutes ago, Lethys said:

That can be done with virtual wallets too, no need for physical warchest somewhere which introduces new problems. I meant such vaults in the sense of rooms restricted to certain RDMS access,  not for quanta storage 

ah well still RDMS has not suggested what I am trying to put forth