NQ-Nyzaltar

Our KICKSTARTER is live!

Hopefully this wont happen but what will NQ do if they don't make there kick-starter goal?

mb57dab9ff2b3906.82948010.jpg

(most absurd scenario i can imagine within 5 seconds)

Hopefully this wont happen but what will NQ do if they don't make there kick-starter goal?

Honestly, it worries me a little bit.

I seem to recall they mentioned the kickstarter was the way for them to stay independant without having to compromise.

So if the kickstarter fails they might need to look for an investor who will have a vote on how the game is being developed.

I really hope the kickstarter funds.

Failing that I hope they can work something out. I really want this game being made. For a lot of us its the game we have been waiting for for a very long time.

Lets try to stay positive and hopefully it all works out. :)

My concern is that after NMS and other failed kickstarters, greenlights and pre-order games people are extremely wary of giving their money away with out some re-assurances. Especially space games!

I have to say this guy is probably typical of what people are thinking: 

Bluedrake has a point though, anyone can make gameplay footage look amazing under controlled situations, I'm trusting that its not just smoke and mirrors and then when you have 5000 actual players the server isn't going to lag out to hell.

My gut is telling me from what I have seen and what I know is technically possible to pull this off but it requires a level of technical skills that is rare.

I think once the alpha goes live and you have actual players testing the system and if they don't put to much of an overly restrictive NDA on it you will get enough enthusiasm to maybe go for a second kick-starter or a steam greenlight

Have you looked into the background of JC our creative director?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Christophe_Baillie

When he says that he has developed new technology to support this game, I believe him. I doubt he is going to ruin his outstanding reputation over a 500 000 euro kickstarter.

additionally, having partially calculated the computational needs of such system i can confidently say it is possible to provide excellent quality with the pricing scheme they chose.

Hey, dont get me wrong I'm still on the Kickstarer. I'm just concerned that the wider gaming community aren't going to lap it up until some playable version gets into the hands of third party reviewers

Yes there is a lot of cynicism. I agree.

NQ should try to reach out to the wider gaming/mmo community in my opinion.

Its not my area of expertise and I dont want to tell them how to do their work but I would like to see them exposing the game a bit more in the media.

Like I said I really want the kickstarter to succeed.

Its not my area of expertise and I dont want to tell them how to do their work but I would like to see them exposing the game a bit more in the media.

I don't think they do DU to have as many players as possible, i think they want a game they enjoy playing most themselves, and doing that attracts people.

My concern is that after NMS and other failed kickstarters, greenlights and pre-order games people are extremely wary of giving their money away with out some re-assurances. Especially space games!

I have to say this guy is probably typical of what people are thinking: <Video...Snip>

Bluedrake has a point though, anyone can make gameplay footage look amazing under controlled situations, I'm trusting that its not just smoke and mirrors and then when you have 5000 actual players the server isn't going to lag out to hell.

My gut is telling me from what I have seen and what I know is technically possible to pull this off but it requires a level of technical skills that is rare.

I think once the alpha goes live and you have actual players testing the system and if they don't put to much of an overly restrictive NDA on it you will get enough enthusiasm to maybe go for a second kick-starter or a steam greenlight

This is why they are having an open house event on the 20th Sept in Paris for anyone to drop by and have a play with the Pre-Alpha game so far. They want total transparency with everyone. This was it only be like NMS selling lies :)

Falstaf, on 15 Sept 2016 - 6:37 PM, said:snapback.png

Have you looked into the background of JC our creative director?

https://en.m.wikiped...istophe_Baillie

When he says that he has developed new technology to support this game, I believe him. I doubt he is going to ruin his outstanding reputation over a 500 000 euro kickstarter.

God damn, he did 'X', such a big shot JC. Didn't think he had done that much, he really knows what he does by the way.

Falstaf, on 15 Sept 2016 - 6:37 PM, said:snapback.png

God damn, he did 'X', such a big shot JC. Didn't think he had done that much, he really knows what he does by the way.

Yeap I think he does.

Big difference between him and other devs.

I mean he is a friggin scientist making a game. How cool is that. ;)

I don't think they do DU to have as many players as possible, i think they want a game they enjoy playing most themselves, and doing that attracts people.

Yep this. I think its perfectly fine to accept that the game will be niche and is not really going for mass appeal. If it happens then great but the Dev needs to be free to follow their vision and concepts and not alter their path due to wanting mas appeal and acclaim.

Yep this. I think its perfectly fine to accept that the game will be niche and is not really going for mass appeal. If it happens then great but the Dev needs to be free to follow their vision and concepts and not alter their path due to wanting mas appeal and acclaim.

I'm pretty sure that if we can get it funded and released it will get much acclaim.

If only because of the technological innovation.

If we can establish that DU is more then a ffa gank fest I see no reason why it wouldnt attract a lot of players. There is literally nobody doing anything like DU.

And JC says he build the tech to host potentially millions of players. Would be nice to see him accomplish that dream.

I'm pretty sure that if we can get it funded and released it will get much acclaim.

If only because of the technological innovation.

If we can establish that DU is more then a ffa gank fest I see no reason why it wouldnt attract a lot of players. There is literally nobody doing anything like DU.

And JC says he build the tech to host potentially millions of players. Would be nice to see him accomplish that dream.

I agree 100%. just saying they need to just build their vision and not alter it based on some desire to get mass appeal. If like said they can pull it off then people will come.

I agree 100%. just saying they need to just build their vision and not alter it based on some desire to get mass appeal. If like said they can pull it off then people will come.

I agree completely.

But I also remember what Trammel did for Ultima online. We will see what the future brings lets get this puppy funded first. :P

I hope at first it will be played by a little fun pack of freaky players as we, and then it will get popular. We don't need gits that don't understand a thing about the game at the game's launch.

edit: they'll have the 500k its zen now.

Edited by Leonis

Yes, not only the mmorpg communities. We know now the MOBAs are here quite much. It's fun moba but you don't create anything, you don't even need an account of yours to get playing, it's like CS, 100% experience and skill, 0% history. Many went from the mmorpgs to the moba and I understand, the mmorpgs lacks, and, don't get me wrong, but wow is old and money beaching (yeah beatching), BnS is low, BDO is low an unfinished, TESO is ... good but not for a MMO, FF is not cheap and classic, ArcAge idk really, Tera is like for the raids only (as loads of mmos be get those all the time). Don't even tell me about SWTOR.