What I'd like to see

dylanwhiley

HI All,

Hope you are all well. I know what is included in this post has probably been posted a thousand times but I thought I would outline what I would like to see, just in case there are some original thoughts here. It might also be nice to come across individuals who might share the same wants!

In regards to building, I think it would be great to have the ability to create blueprints in an unlimited way. 

For example, if you want to start an organisation who's specialty it is making car blueprints, you should be able to have a space outside the game, like in Kerbal Space Program where you can just build away to your hearts content. Save the blueprint and then sell it on. 

Obviously you would then have the ability to build whatever it is that you have blueprinted if you wanted, by going out and getting the materials etc. I think this would be great for those who maybe are amazing at building things, but aren't so great, or necessarily interested in flying around, getting materials and possibly having their ships, building destroyed etc. You don't see an architect down the building supplies store, or cutting down trees to make their creations, so I think that there should be a mechanism for this.

The way in which this could work is when you have your starting claim of land. You could have a pre-made building which has all the basics in it and then a terminal for the creation of blue prints. This then takes you to an empty plot of land, which has all the limitations of building, without the ability to shape the land, and you build your creation. Then, you take the blueprint to the people you want to sell it too. 

What do you all think?

i had the same feeling you have but during reading everywhere and being in the pre-alpha and the alpha, folowing the community and making more friends everyday i think we should not do this.

Let me say why: indeed it would be nice to be able to design outside the server and then poof it in the world, and indeed it would be alot safer. But there is a big but

You will miss out all the fun, you will miss the explosions, the friendship, the pain oooh the pain of failure you can share with your friends. The chats, the urge to just continue till its late at night because, just Addiction!!!

You would build in a dead world, design in a dead world, be Not a part, excluded, outstander, no pain no gain, no fun no glory.

You would miss the friends helping, making your plans better, them mining for you, designing with you

And much more.

So it would be best to find friends who help you, protect you, immerse you in the full feeling that DU brings, be inspired, be immersed, be brilliant

So I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a brilliant story-teller. Very emotive!

And I totally understand where you are coming from,  and I agree. I should have made it clearer. What I mean is that there should be the option to do it by yourself.

There are going to be people that probably don't like to go out and do all the things there will be to do in the game, but just want to make things.

If, like me, you might be thinking of making an organisation or something where you simply output things in to the universe, then this option is great to start making money. Because if not there is going to be a high chance that as soon as the organisations.....organise themselves, that the individual person is going to have no choice but to join one of them because they will take over everything if not. 

So there needs to be a way to make money or separate yourself from the outside world.

Personally, in something like DU, I want to be able to fly off a planet, use whatever I construct to enable me to have the experience I want. But also to remove myself from it all and just create. 

6 minutes ago, dylanwhiley said:

There are going to be people that probably don't like to go out and do all the things there will be to do in the game, but just want to make things.

If, like me, you might be thinking of making an organisation or something where you simply output things in to the universe, then this option is great to start making money. Because if not there is going to be a high chance that as soon as the organisations.....organise themselves, that the individual person is going to have no choice but to join one of them because they will take over everything if not. 

So there needs to be a way to make money or separate yourself from the outside world.

Personally, in something like DU, I want to be able to fly off a planet, use whatever I construct to enable me to have the experience I want. But also to remove myself from it all and just create. 

See, Du is a MMO. As such Organisations should and will always outperform solo players. It wouldn't make sense for a MMO to enforce solo gameplay. 

That said, you still can do stuff if you're solo ofc  - it's just harder. Trade on the markets to get quanta - I fueld 3 accs in eve (plex, ships, ammo, stuff) with just that. Or produce every day basic goods and sell them. With your profit start building stuff and blueprint it to sell it - maybe ppl buy it, maybe not. Depends in quality. 

If this is too much hassle for you then des, joining an org is a wise decision 

1 minute ago, Lethys said:

See, Du is a MMO. As such Organisations should and will always outperform solo players. It wouldn't make sense for a MMO to enforce solo gameplay. 

That said, you still can do stuff if you're solo ofc  - it's just harder. Trade on the markets to get quanta - I fueld 3 accs in eve (plex, ships, ammo, stuff) with just that. Or produce every day basic goods and sell them. With your profit start building stuff and blueprint it to sell it - maybe ppl buy it, maybe not. Depends in quality. 

If this is too much hassle for you then des, joining an org is a wise decision 

Hi Lethys, thanks for your reply.

I get what you are saying. But even though this is an MMO, not everyone wants to be a part of an org. The idea of the game that this is a virtual universe. What do you do in real life if you want to make your millions? You start your own company, you do what you are good at and sell your services.

Why should this be any different because it's an MMO?

I think it is going to be a case of having to start an org anyway. But it would be nice to have a mechanic in the game that lets you build what you want, without having to do so, technically in-game.

7 minutes ago, dylanwhiley said:

Hi Lethys, thanks for your reply.

I get what you are saying. But even though this is an MMO, not everyone wants to be a part of an org. The idea of the game that this is a virtual universe. What do you do in real life if you want to make your millions? You start your own company, you do what you are good at and sell your services.

Why should this be any different because it's an MMO?

I think it is going to be a case of having to start an org anyway.

Well noone will holdyou offfrom creating your own Business- that's exactly what DU is about. So go for it. 

9 minutes ago, dylanwhiley said:

But it would be nice to have a mechanic in the game that lets you build what you want, without having to do so, technically in-game.

This has been debated by NQ too. It's not so simple as you picture it. Because of the nature of DU this is actually quite difficult to implement - just think about the implications for online times of users not interacting with others, void cities because everyone builds in their safe VR chamber, less interaction between players and so on. 

NQ thinks about this too, but IF we will ever see such a thing (Or similar) is written in the stars. Not for release, that's for sure. IF at all, then maybe years after launch 

In regards to your point on 'void cities' attributed to people building int heir safe VR chambers, I don't think this would be a long-term issue.

Not everyone is equipped to build for extended periods of time. It won't be long before these people get bored and go off to do a slash & grab or go off to explore, which will fix that potential issue pretty quickly. If you think about it, people to a certain degree emulate what they do in the real world. If you aren't good at building, you probably aren't going to spend a long amount of time doing it. Instead you will be doing what you are good at or want to try, moving on quickly to the things that bring you excitement. 

The game is probably going to have a cost to play month by month, so people aren't going to pay for something that will make them bored. Hence why void cities wouldn't be a problem I would have thought.

My further reasoning for this VR void, is that it means people can't just come and blow you up, knocking away all your hard work, which will certainly put people off if all they want to do is build.

1 minute ago, dylanwhiley said:

In regards to your point on 'void cities' attributed to people building int heir safe VR chambers, I don't think this would be a long-term issue.

Not everyone is equipped to build for extended periods of time. It won't be long before these people get bored and go off to do a slash & grab or go off to explore, which will fix that potential issue pretty quickly. If you think about it, people to a certain degree emulate what they do in the real world. If you aren't good at building, you probably aren't going to spend a long amount of time doing it. Instead you will be doing what you are good at or want to try, moving on quickly to the things that bring you excitement. 

The game is probably going to have a cost to play month by month, so people aren't going to pay for something that will make them bored. Hence why void cities wouldn't be a problem I would have thought.

My further reasoning for this VR void, is that it means people can't just come and blow you up, knocking away all your hard work, which will certainly put people off if all they want to do is build.

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows what ppl will do. What we can say for sure though is that builders WON'T be online - and that's a good portion of the playerbase. So you'll certainly lose those.

For your last sentence: that's why there are safezones. So ppl can't destroy your stuff.  

And des, it's sub based