Repercussions for players that want to respawn

Commander.Valkryie

we have seen this happen multiple times where you are about to defeat a player and he either intentionally kills his character or respawns to avoid loss and since du is an online mmo it will require different methods 

i suggest these i will update if there are better ideas

-a certain percentage of quanta is taken from the player , not a certain amount but percentage so richer players cant just pay 1000 quanta and respawn easily but for less fortunate players it would be difficult so i suggest 3-6% of a players quanta to be taken if he wishes to respawn or purposefully destroys his character

- a time penalty where you have to wait for 30min - 1 hour depending on the circumstances  

what do you guys think and  is this possible 

I would go for a simples solution, you respawn with nothing you had on you, so tools and inventory are lost. Only had a gun, then you lost that. full inventory with loots? lost that, etcetc.

i do think the difference with some other games should be that any dropped loot is there forever so no magical deletion after 30 minutes.

6 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

I would go for a simples solution, you respawn with nothing you had on you, so tools and inventory are lost. Only had a gun, then you lost that. full inventory with loots? lost that, etcetc.

i do think the difference with some other games should be that any dropped loot is there forever so no magical deletion after 30 minutes.

yea that would encourage players to store their money  before they go on a space pirating adventure :P 

I think it will be something like drop all your inventory, gear, tool, ... It is best way i think.

Quanta is your backup money and wont be lost for any other reason than you intent to give it out. So that even you lost everything, Quanta still your back up money so that you can start again. If drop the Quanta too it will be very easy to make the player to give up and never come back again, it is a loss for community, dev anyway.

About what if you re gonna find and attack a player you track for so long then they log out ? Well from the leak, NQ had already had a solution for it, we just need to wait.

I read about the Many Worlds of Quantum Immortality / Quantum Branching, and this is how the Resurrection Node works - In parallel universes of outcomes and not time, each reality is different because of different events that took place. If you died 10 years ago, you wouldn't exist today - your existence is the reality in your universe, one of the parallel universe is you died 10 years ago. They are different universes, not the same!

Now, what can happen if you died in Dual Universe and somebody looted you? That is the reality! But there is a parallel universe where you didn't died, and instead, you are in a Resurrection Node at that given time. Tell me, do you lose your Inventory to someone if you didn't died? Did somebody looted you for them to possess that loots now in that universe where they didn't killed and looted you in the first place?

We need to make adjustments! The Resurrection Nodes exist in the universe that you are observing (by that, I meant the universe of the one who just died). What it does is bring your parallel self where you didn't died to that universe that you are observing now where you died. In this universe with the presence of Resurrection Nodes, you both died and still exist now in the reality of yourself and to everyone who are playing this game. There are 2 you's - your corpse that just died and your parallel self that is brought by the Resurrection Node from another universe to this universe.

That way, you lost your loot to someone in order for them to still possess them. Does that mean that you lost your loot? If the Resurrection Node can only bring your parallel self to this universe physically, just the body, and not the material possessions, then the lore works! Make it so that the Resurrection Node is incapable of bringing parallel possessions to this world for technical reasons such as energy intensiveness.

"As this process (the Resurrection Node) is energy intensive, it switches only the body of the person that died and nothing more."  (source: https://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Resurrection_Node )

They came up with this story for the lore to work! What happens if the Resurrection Node can also bring parallel Inventory to this universe, is you gave someone $1000 and you still have $1000 while they still have it at the same time in the same universe!

On 1/22/2019 at 9:12 AM, Aaron Cain said:

I would go for a simples solution, you respawn with nothing you had on you, so tools and inventory are lost.

This is the best solution! It makes sense for the gameplay and for the lore.

I found this quote from the source https://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Resurrection_Node

"When you re-spawn your inventory will have randomly lost most items."

Please reconsider that one as these plans are not even final yet.

I know that they already have a plan for the Death and Respawn System. All you have to do is read the entirety of this https://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Resurrection_Node and this https://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Arkship

The system that they have in plan is very good! Only that very one thing didn't made sense to me which is parallel Items. And they have to retell the lore to something like what I suggested (there is only 1 universe which is this game - the observed universe. What you are doing is bringing the parallel person from another universe to that same universe of the game that we are all playing now where that person died. Therefore the Corpse exists in co-existence while he is still alive now. And that person can die again, and there will be more Corpses while he can keep respawning to life). I think those 2 things will bring improvements!

Call this game Dual Universe because we have the observed universe and a bunch of parallel universes to it. There is a duality that you can bring somebody from a parallel world to this world that we are observing now. After you died and respawn, you came from your own observed world to this game which is parallel to yours. This game is parallel to you (you are not from this world originally). From your own universe to another one which is this game - "Dual Universe"! That will make for a pretty sick story!