Tranquility, the ever moving City in space

Tranquility is entering a new Phase in operation with the new features presented in Alpha 3.

Anyone, and really anyone interested is free to join us on our journey to Find the lost world.

We also want to thank all the organizations that support us and we will offer our Hand in peace for any other organization that is also interested in a piece of the Pie.

Applications can be sent again, recruitment is opened for individuals as for organizations. Join us in becoming the largest ingame RP Community and help to restore the City to its Glory.

So say we all!

• 2 weeks later...

I always absolutly love inspired projects like this in games! Great job so far. But I what always tortures me is how this ispired and noble idea connects with harsh realities of MMO. I have some kind of bad question : )

If we press big pink button with letters "Honesty" on it.

Whole idea "I build city and people will live in it and love me" a bit from devil, yeah? : ) Like it can be masquaraded with all kind of fancy wording and sweet-sweet talking webs, like friendship, community, cooperation, together, making something great again -- to create image of selfless and humble man, who needs nothing but happiness of his subjects friends... but we all know, that at the end, this is ambition of one man, little megalomaniac, who want to be a boss. And this is not a bad thing. Its healthy! This how Napoleon started when he was small corsican noob.

So. What do you think make you strong leader? Why people need to choose your project, not hundrends of others? What is your super-ability in leading to victory?

On 1/31/2020 at 5:07 AM, Aaron Cain said:

Tranquility is entering a new Phase in operation with the new features presented in Alpha 3.

Anyone, and really anyone interested is free to join us on our journey to Find the lost world.

We also want to thank all the organizations that support us and we will offer our Hand in peace for any other organization that is also interested in a piece of the Pie.

Applications can be sent again, recruitment is opened for individuals as for organizations. Join us in becoming the largest ingame RP Community and help to restore the City to its Glory.

So say we all!

Tranquility has to be a ship.. it must .. if not it will be static.

8 hours ago, BaileyVandenbroek said:

Tranquility has to be a ship.. it must .. if not it will be static.

Indeed, Tranquility Must be a ship, So say we all.

And depending on DU it will have everything we can add to it. It will be grand, it will be a struggle but also so satisfying when ready.

9 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

I always absolutly love inspired projects like this in games! Great job so far. But I what always tortures me is how this ispired and noble idea connects with harsh realities of MMO. I have some kind of bad question : )

If we press big pink button with letters "Honesty" on it.

Whole idea "I build city and people will live in it and love me" a bit from devil, yeah? : ) Like it can be masquaraded with all kind of fancy wording and sweet-sweet talking webs, like friendship, community, cooperation, together, making something great again -- to create image of selfless and humble man, who needs nothing but happiness of his subjects friends... but we all know, that at the end, this is ambition of one man, little megalomaniac, who want to be a boss. And this is not a bad thing. Its healthy! This how Napoleon started when he was small corsican noob.

So. What do you think make you strong leader? Why people need to choose your project, not hundrends of others? What is your super-ability in leading to victory?

Ahhh i love these questions, And i will try to answer them all.

First what is a leader, there are several ways to be one. But are all leaders or just heads of an organization/business.

I have been in MMO-land since the first GuildWars and have been an officer or organization head ever-since.

Not by choice but by vote and i think that is the difference between MMO-Land and the real world organizations. 

So what is a leader in my vision, a leader should coach his/her people to become better people in either profession or in Life.

A leader should bring out the best of people, inspire them to be all they can be, give then self-confidence, challenge their ideas and believes respectfully with the intent to inspire the person.

A leader is not an owner, not someone to follow blindly with fear of repercussion. That is a Tyrant. 

A leader should indeed be a respected person who is either chosen by the people or who people choose to be with freely.

I hope to indeed build a Dynamic Flying City for the people, by the people and With the people. Not for my glory but for the glory of all. Thats also why the city will be neutral, that way everyone who would like to contribute is able to. And about our expansionism, yeah it is there and we really do not hide it but it is also a neutral version, we want to build bases on moons and planets that hold markets, residential zones and some small industrial areas. 

So do we think small and only one city? Nope, we are thinking very Big

There is a team that coaches all aspects of a large Multinational with the idea to become one big happy community. Already the plans for a second flying city are there as can be read in our lore and we will build the remnands of a past civilization, also in our lore, specially for those who like to roleplay abit. 

The idea is to use our neutrality to be able to provide stories and meaning, a background in gaming for people who like to dive deep in DU with some background story. And so there is room for that.

We already promote to take up refugees and others in need and to provide sanctuary for those that need it. And there will be a lot more on that chapter.

9 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Indeed, Tranquility Must be a ship, So say we all.

And depending on DU it will have everything we can add to it. It will be grand, it will be a struggle but also so satisfying when ready.

I hope you understand people will target it..

Prepare a big line of defense or a defense ring

That would be on discord or in the community page, but the community page is currently down.

While DU is in alpha our actual building is minimal but all preparations, diplomacy, organization, testing in-game, is well under way.

There is a roadmap, but while the community page is down i will try to fix it today to a format that i can post here.

There is building in game, static and dynamic specially for this project so i will include that into the roadmap :)

17 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

That would be on discord or in the community page, but the community page is currently down.

While DU is in alpha our actual building is minimal but all preparations, diplomacy, organization, testing in-game, is well under way.

There is a roadmap, but while the community page is down i will try to fix it today to a format that i can post here.

There is building in game, static and dynamic specially for this project so i will include that into the roadmap :)

Excellent! Well, when we are in a position to be of use to anyone (including ourselves haha) I'll contact you to see what we can set up! Thanks for the answer and heads up!

I have another questions that burrowing in my mind. Its more of general ones, but its interesting to hear you position on this with Tranquility.

Lots of medium-smaller orgs like to:

1) Fanaticly call themself neutral;

2) Creating some kind tonns of virtual "aliances" with other small (or even tiny) ogs to appear stonger on paper. 

As I understand whole concept, Tranquility is little bit sinful in both of those directions.

What all that "neutrality" truly means? Its fancy way to say that you too weak for PvP and know that? Because indeed you can be as neutral as you like sitting in safe zone, no one will care.  But moment when you try to compete for recources or territories... Big guys on block just smash you, if you are not backed by other big guy.

In in case of other "neutral allies" how viable is this? Lets assume, that hardcore specialized PvP org decides to make you life hell (just for fun). How rag-tag militia from dozen of tiny orgs (most of them non pvp oriented) can have any decent fighting chance? That even if they honour their obligations at all. Because talking from safety is cheap -- loosing ships and time in hopeless battle against brutal pvp vets  is not.

If it was I building some kind of city here, I looked out for good deal from one of sugar daddies with large stadnings fleets, with guys who on stand by 24/7 in sick milsim style (like best fleets in EvE). Because realisticly, I can't any see any other way  for peaceful builder to defend if not city itself (it can be in safe zone) but lets call it ships under city flag. When people with your tags become banged-banged hard during mining or trade runs in non-safe space, they will start asking questions like why we are neural, but no one interested in this fact. 

@le_souriceauGood question. and good points

Hmmmmm neutrality is  a simple concept but a hard one to nourish.

So the concept sinful is a lot easier, and well there are alot of ways to look at this and to also look at non-neutrality.

a Typical neutral should be able to have contact with or act with all kinds of entities, neutral or non neutral, it depends on what your point is, your morality.

So is morality and neutrality the same? Nope it is not. Is being a parent a good lesson in neutrality? yeah in fact it is. as a parent you should hold both the neutral and the moral high ground.

Fanatics are always wrong, i am no fanatic, i am just clear. That is a difference and ill try to explain before going to point 2 ?

So am i neutral, Yes i am. Is the City neutral? Well that is the intention but that doesn't mean we don't have an opinion or we lay back and only smile.

I act like the parent to keep both the neutral and moral high ground, all the groups i am in do not matter in this aspect, if an organization cannot stand alone its food for others, even if you call yourself neutral or a PvP org. One thing i am very curious about is why people think PvP and neutrality are not compatible.

We are neutral and will communicate or deal with anyone who wants too, no restrictions but one.

The restriction has to do with the moral highground we keep. Any organization breaching NQ rules Or behaving toxic to the community will be on the blacklist. Any supporting Grievers org, is on the black list, simply because we promote positive gaming and we wont work with people who deliberately want to make others life a hell.

For your information if you look back you can find we do this since we were part of DU, that already was cause for a Casus belli  for one of the orgs towards us, we are prepared.

So neutrality is not oooh i am so scared and oooh i dont want to pewpew. BRING THEM ON  Our ships are already armed to the teath, we will shoot people who are a threath, we already have a pre-emptive attack squad and we have friends and alies who are not virtual paper tigers but know what an ingame war is. As do I. Alliances are for fun and games not to be used for your defence, any organization withion an allyance should stand on its own feed. Partners are there to help and strike back while you defend and just strike the heard of the enemy. Or as i say, we will not sent our best to defend against your ships, we sent them to eliminate your leader and everyone that is around him/her. We are not a paperless tiger although we dont use words like Conquer or PvP or Purge or imply we are an empire or imperium.

About the sugerdadies, we turned down 6 organizations from the first two pages already and will keep doing that. You dont need a big organization to be safe, you need a good organization and good friends behind the screens to be safe. If else who is safe when Empire calls in all members at once to obliterate you? Boo? Maybe Boo but thats it. Its pretty simple, in DU nobody is safe. You can build a massive ship or building with massive gun placement but if the right person is on the right spot and he works for the other side, your screwed.

We indeed have alliances, visible and secret ones, we have friends visible and invisible ones, we have alts, good relations with numerous people. I must say i did smile about the " can have any decent fighting chance" Most of the members we got in our teams already fly in DU since pre-alpha or in EvE, emperion, SE, Starcontrol, you name it. Or hand to hand combat, we just think this is a more fun way to play This game and well neutrality does not mean sit back and die, actually to be neutral you need an even larger combat force to be able to enforce it. The reason we have al the little alliances with us is not to form a large force but to be helpfull together and get massive community projects done, it is not for security or to fill a list. Some ideas are just brilliant and if the owner of that idea comes for help I always try to help if i can, or sent him/her to someone who can, we can only build DU together.

But in the end, In space nobody hears you scream

I love your questions, lets keep them coming i hope i was able to answer some. As long as it is not interfering privacy or info on other organizations (also privacy) i will try to answer it all :)

And about the tags, we dont fly with city tags, we fly with C.A.T.S. Tags and none of our members or CATS members is obliged to fly with them, we care for our own but everyone is free to do as they please.

But i know someone who is already waiting for 6 months to get the order to strike :D Just wait a little longer my friend, War has not started yet and we are not the ones to start them But we will finish them.

Bring them on, we are all about transparancy, the only information we cannot give is the personal stuff and anything our partners asked us not to.

We have good standings with a lot of organizations and some of them do not mingle well, that is also one of the focus points of our organizations, we like to be mediators if we can help anyone.

And well i believe you read a lot on these fora so you probably already found out i can indeed be passionately clear on my standing in matters. I do not believe in black and white, but there is always a middle road except for some fundamental issues in gaming, people should be able to play safely from their home environment. that does not mean i am against PvP, but the game environment should be safe, private data, cyber bullying, ip tracking, all things that are linked to the actual person should be safe. In game we are characters, at home we are humans and people should remember that when gaming.

Keep on the great questions, i think you will find some orgs less open or even grumpy when you ask these questions, love to see more from others too :)  This will be fun

Here is another one. And prepare yourself -- its hard one!

I have background in city-building too, so I know for sure 1 painful thing. People eventualy start like "let me build this and that", or even worst, when some dimpomatic guests will present you with terrible prospect "we want our embassy looking like pink *censored*". Its always rather thin line between architectural diversity and people building complete vomit-inducing JUNK of blood_from_eyes_level. 

So, how you planning to control quality and cohesion of builds in Tranquility and balance it with other players creativity and "creativity"? This is hot sand with imossibility to be good for everyone. Some guys or gals will be just mad what you deny them something they think cool.

Oooh very nice one indeed.

Well we are designing flying cities since day one of the organization, (maybe i can even paste some designs later) and this discussion is one i really like to see becoming reality.

We will build a ship, and depending on DU we will be able to design it and hand rights over to people and organizations to add to the ship.

To build a city ship Size will be most important and we have a few "option B" ideas if DU goes a different route.

The initial idea was to build a ship matrix with merged/linked cores to the ship all owned by the org but rented/given to orgs and residents to fill. That way the outer core would be our problem and the filling of it would be the org/individuals.  This was not for design issues but for simple safety and security. the ship will be white due to lore, but lore also includes a sistership in black.

So the outer hull, whatever it will be in the end will be indeed mandatory white and with specific structure and materials, however if an organization has a core in the middle of the city ship, they may build a pink uhm thing, maybe the rent will be based on the level of lets call it lack of beauty and coherence.

With this the ship city will look as we want to from the outside. But the inside might be a mess, but then again we see it as a restoration project, bit like the large robotech ships or galactica where everyone is dumped in to escape an exploding planet.

Lets hope we will get small stargates so we can even add that to the ship :)

• 2 weeks later...

With all the great questions asked and reaching the Third page on the Community board we reached a moment of celebration!

With it we would like to encourage you all to ask more fun and critical questions.

Progress through development, development through thoughts, thoughts through ideas, ideas through visions.

Let's DU it, Let's make it happen

City-building is my great passion, so I was twitching to make something more practical, then just talk.

So, here my proposal for Tranquility build project.

tranq.thumb.jpg.b091786c2d471ca7543a197ba5ec5f29.jpg

It may seems unorthodox, indeed. Here is main bullet points what and why. I base thing on my practical city-building experience in MC, where players tried to actualy live and produce things.

1) Looks like Tranquility in technical terms will be kind of largest available construct core -- cubic, generaly. So I used that space to maximum (without going full Borg).

2) People LOVE open spaces and communal sense, watching what others doing, and great view from window. In my disign everyone in city will have great view. In contrary -- coridors and closed space is BAD. Boring.

3) Open spaces makes great screenshot and PR material. Everyone flying around will momentaly see, that this is some kind of cool space city, not clumsy "compensation for something" ship with who knows what inside.

4) Super-easy-FAST landing-and trade, visitors can just drop ship on huge field and run fo stores on "ground level".

5) CIty warehouses and industy will be easly accesable in underbelly (from landing field). Also this underbelly can be safelty expanded/rebuild for actual needs, without compromising "upper city" more regulated and refined view.

6) Such location of private docks will allow people to have their super-ergonomicly ships generaly in 1 door from "flat".

7) This configuration also allow to save mass with minimal space and material waste on corridors. City parts can be connected with elevators, effective use of stairs and bridges, again far more interesting then endless corridors. And you can slap as many engines (if city on moving core) on back as needed, again, without bad consequences for looks.

EVEN if used core size will not be so impressive (like devs setting hard limits), form will add visual volume .

Effective use of space and material. Communal sense. Ergonomics in actual living and working inside. Easy for visitors. Great for Instagram.

Nice design!!! we have some ideas but indeed building a dynamic space city will be different then any normal city, and i do love the grand entrance and open space.  Our designs in another building game are more cylindrical with one great landing platform right in the middle of the cylinder.

Defence will not only be static. normal static defenses will be present and a fleet of fighterships, bit like in galactica or babylon 5.

Ill come back on the design is i manage to copy it here ><