Aesthetic Shielding Limited - craft too beautiful to destroy

Anopheles

What is Aesthetic Shielding?  It is the art of building a ship so beautiful that tears form in the eyes of the aggressor making it difficult for them to go through with firing.

Even if they do, they will inevitably re-evaluate thier life choices and become better people.

Joining ASL means having a commitment to creating only beautiful constructs.

Not for us the brutal cubes and boxes of simple minds.   Everything we make, from simple cargo craft to huge manufactories, will be pleasing to the eye and mind.

Everything we write and proclaim will adhere to the strictest of values concerning beauty of expression.

Do not mistake us for wilting lilies.  We will be entirely willing to go to war to protect ourselves or  to improve the universe through acts of applied aesthetics.

If you wish to proclaim the lifting up of your soul by joining Aesthetic Shielding Limited as an affiliate, then please respond to this message.

Website to follow, pending interest.

I wanna blow it up.

I can to blow it up.

I would blow it up.

I should blow it up.

I could blow it up.

I may blow it up.

I have to blow it up.

I will want to blow it up.

I need to blow it up.

I desire to blow it up.

I believe I can blow it up.

I truely want to blow it up.

I will blow it up.

-A Poem by Kuritho

Oh you can and you shall.  It's the after effects that will get you.  In the dark.  When you are alone with your thoughts.  All alone.  When your digital grand children ask you what's wrong.  When your imaginary priest presses you about the one memory that makes you shake in the morning.  All alone.

Carry on.

5 hours ago, Dev Le Canadien said:

Sounds interesting, I've been building with voxels for a while in Avorion. Assuming DU can match the amount of tools Avorion has to offer I could make nice ships & installations. Here's my steam page https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1366039645

You probably shouldn't link stuff that associates you with mislabeling.

I'll add waifus on my ship, loads of them, and maybe screens on the outside showing them too, so that makes Tranquility safe? ;)  Might even add the Text, "This City is protected By 02" With a nice graph, anything else? (and we will add loads of guns and voxel spikes :) )

4 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

I'll add waifus on my ship, loads of them, and maybe screens on the outside showing them too, so that makes Tranquility safe? ;)  Might even add the Text, "This City is protected By 02" With a nice graph, anything else? (and we will add loads of guns and voxel spikes :) )

You got my investments.

Edit: You better have the DitF 02's giant ship thing. 

Well thats exactely the idea, hopefully even more then that but it depends a lot on what package we get at release to work with. but you are very welcome to the city ;) And i welcome Aesthetic Shielding Limited to come talk to see what we can do to make this dream into reality 

8 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Well thats exactely the idea, hopefully even more then that but it depends a lot on what package we get at release to work with. but you are very welcome to the city ;) And i welcome Aesthetic Shielding Limited to come talk to see what we can do to make this dream into reality 

You just copied-pasted the name. I love you.

• 9 months later...

Just a quick note to say I have built a base on Alioth (coords to follow).  So far it's two L cores and an xs. It has a small theme park and a village, (construction ongoing) and a selection of craft I have built).  Come along and join ALS and get permission to build along side or within.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...