How is the game paid for?

Diggler

Hello folks, 

I'm looking to buy into this game but before I throw money at it I want to know how it is paid for going forwards.
Some people say that buying in now will allow permanent access and some say that it will be a monthly sub.
So my main Q is, is it more cost effective to pay now or just join the sub list later?  My situation is that I need a better GPU and a bit more RAM to get it working fine. But If I get full access by paying before the release I'll probably buy it now anyhow.
Cheers

15 hours ago, Diggler said:

So my main Q is, is it more cost effective to pay now or just join the sub list later?  My situation is that I need a better GPU and a bit more RAM to get it working fine. But If I get full access by paying before the release I'll probably buy it now anyhow.
Cheers

It's in alpha now and as stated everywhere when you buy the pledge and on their Server uptime website, you see that it's only up for usually 24 to 48h a week. As it is still in alpha, it's not a game to play atm but rather test it. Break it and repeat. 

We just don't know when we'll see 24/7 access, though that's a high priority for NQ. 

With a pledge you buy into whatever alpha is stated there plus beta. You can play those for free then when servers are open. At release and 24/7 access, You have to pay a monthly sub like everyone else 

On 12/24/2018 at 12:19 PM, Diggler said:

Some people say that buying in now will allow permanent access and some say that it will be a monthly sub.

The prior Kickstarter and founder packs and the current sponsor packs have a variety of DAC (monthly time) included in them. The lowest that was offered that allowed lifetime was Ruby Kickstarter or Ruby Foundry which cannot be purchased anymore but was like $550.  

Once you get into alpha/beta you will not use monthly time until it’s live.