Bunch Of Ideas

Andromeda

Since I and the community have very little knowledge of the game, I'm gonna post my Ideas; Sorry if any are all ready implemented, but hey, if they are "Great minds think alike"

Idea 1: Territory System.

I understand there is already one, however I'd like it so, if you claim like 6 planets that are relatively close together, instead of needing to mine for the ores, you should be able to build freely how ever; it will deplete the resources on the planets. I feel if there is a mining system it will take along time to build massive ships etc. 

Idea 2: Expanding on the Territory System.

You should be able to setup a zone around your planet(s), to which if a ship that is not in your clan or a friendly clan, it will play an audio file like "You are in restricted space" etc or even a YouTube clip you upload.

Idea 3: Organization/Clan system

Again, I understand that their is one already, I have created Starfleet Federation :). But You should be able to declare war with certain clans and propose peace etc.

Idea 4: Shielding 

I actually study physics, and feel there should be more than one type of shielding if any. These could include;

Shields to protect you from lasers.

Shields to protect you from physical weapons like missiles and bullets.

Shields to protect you from (Even tho its a bit extreme) Emps or Natural effects from deep space.

Idea 4: Specialized Weapons

I feel you should also be able to have different types of weapons, to name a few;

Rail Guns

Laser Guns (For the star wars nubs - ha movie wars ;)

Bullets (With different caliber)

Long Range Torpedoes

Idea 5: Peace Mode, I feel some times, especially in a game like this, I will want to fly my ship with no violence, so maybe you can activate a peace mode where; you cant attack others, and others cant attack you, damage your stuff etc.

Idea 6: Basic character customization - I think this is self explanatory, maybe clothing and all that would be a nice touch. 

I hope this has created a few ideas.

Thanks

- Andromeda

1) terrible. It takes long because that's the point. You need members who are dedicated to build something big

2) funny

3) war and allies will happen even w/o a system but it's discussable

4) hmm more diversity, interesting

5) I'm sure there will be plenty of weapons

6) no. Just no. In a sandbox? No. Exploitable and very bad

7) think this will come at some point

Isnt this classed as an MMO too? Surely there should be at least a little bit of customisation, even if it is just space suit colour scheme.

he fixed your broken numbers, you used 4 twice so six is really 5 on your list, the peace idea....and I agree no way in hell.

he fixed your broken numbers, you used 4 twice so six is really 5 on your list, the peace idea....and I agree no way in hell.

It isn't my list (because it isnt my thread) but i do see what you mean, so what he said as 7) is what i should have been replying to, my mistake haha.

Regarding the actual #6 that Lethys said, I agree, this would be too easily exploited.

Plus this idea is completely against the spirit of a sandbox (like peace mode, no scam, no avoxing, no rapecage and so on). It's not YOUR choice if you have an encounter, it's up the pirates/bad boys choice. You can avoid it or render it useless by figuring out mechanics against it though but bad boys should and will have opportunities to kill you. Like you have the opportunity to whiteknight and kill them

In regards to #1,

Considering how many different territories will encompass a given planet, it will likely be extremely expensive and difficult to claim an entire planet under one organization.

While I think there should be some type of bonus for controlling an entire planet because of the sheer amount of effort required, I don't think it should go so far as to remove the necessity of physically mining resources from planets. That would create a logarithmic curve of resource production for a group that would be almost impossible to surpass. 

1: I think TAG system will cover it

2: Nice if we can setup and audio alert before automatic weapons start function

3: Its a pvp game, will be wars

4: Shields and other pvp items i think will be included and updated a lot during the game life

5: same for the weapons, but would be nice if different physics could be applied to increase the fight strategy  

6: It will have the Ark and some other Ark like bubbles, those will be the only safe zones, its a pvp game at all 

7: Some ppl were talking about furry fluffy tails and other ads, Maybe players will be free to create their customization items.

Nice ideas btw