Creatures

STeelGear

Ok, long time ago from our time, colonists... and... creatures?

Yeah, rly, will be some kind of creatures in game? I mean some types how: mammals, insects, fish, alien.

1 and 3 - result of colonists work. I think people in future still need no-human friends like dogs, cats, fishes. Also animals for food (someone think organic better). 

2 - result of random events when ship prepareted to start. Mosquitos, fly, bees and etc.

4 - alien. I think, if planet can take on humans, she can have animals before they will come. Not every time, not in every planet, but still have chance. 

And 2 questions:

1) Do u think about this in game?

2) And, if (1) - yes, can u add (mb at less time before release) in game?

Ok, long time ago from our time, colonists... and... creatures?

Yeah, rly, will be some kind of creatures in game? I mean some types how: mammals, insects, fish, alien.

1 and 3 - result of colonists work. I think people in future still need no-human friends like dogs, cats, fishes. Also animals for food (someone think organic better). 

2 - result of random events when ship prepareted to start. Mosquitos, fly, bees and etc.

4 - alien. I think, if planet can take on humans, she can have animals before they will come. Not every time, not in every planet, but still have chance. 

And 2 questions:

1) Do u think about this in game?

2) And, if (1) - yes, can u add (mb at less time before release) in game?

If you know the programming needed to create animate, track, spawn, despawn, loot and generally interact with animals then you know this is a huge job. Games like Wow have dozens of people on it at huge costs. At low technology it is all important but at high technology it's really hard to do good animals. They are also either cannon fodder or nearly indestructible in a world of ranged weapons.  

I can think of and have posted on some flora and fauna game play. Live stock feeders that spawn and log them. 

Transportable animal cryopods and resurrection nodes. However that really is just a form of corporation wrangled quest items with delivery contracts. 

And yes any colony project would have bees and at least on species of fly pollinator and two non stinging mosquitoes on board as part of the fauna assets. 

Animals and birds are hard.

Insects are easy, just sprites and sound files.

Fish can be both easy: a fish on the hook, sprites in the water, or some thing like a bucket of fry that you should deliver to water. 

or harder bait balls (an animated mesh of fish animations), actual rigged fish.