Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DaphneJones

Resurrection nodes/safe zone?

Recommended Posts

No, he does not. You just qualify anything not in line with what you feel is acceptable as such. You sound like a risk averse carebear who does not understand what EVE is really about and thus tries to enforce a skewed ruleset of your own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

@DaphneJones That is because you are not looking for them and your glasses are extremely polarized to only want to see that which you think dominates the game.

 

You are like the women complaining (all) men are bad and not to be trusted.

Not complaining, but do you trust any man? How foolish. Men pretend to be honorable but expedience trumps honor on a daily basis. /shrug. (Women aren't any better, but generally, we don't pretend to be honorable).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

I play EVE in a very non violent way. I am a member of a corp where we live by a credo prohibiting instigating or interfering in aggression. That is not to say we can't or won't defend ourselves and kill in the process if we have to. In my daily travels I constantly put myself at risk but using the tools I have I will generally get away before an attacker gets a shot off. I avoid Highsec as it is a scary and dangerous place, much more so than NullSec..

Yea, based on what you said you seem the complete opposite of a sociopath. You seem like a well adjusted person who knows what eve is, accepts that, and chose a play style accordingly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blazemonger said:

No, he does not. You just qualify anything not in line with what you feel is acceptable as such. You sound like a risk averse carebear who does not understand what EVE is really about and thus tries to enforce a skewed ruleset of your own.

Not a carebear. I understand Eve (as well as I can from outside). Not interested in subjecting myself to such BS. RL is already violent enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaphneJones said:

Not complaining, but do you trust any man? How foolish. Men pretend to be honorable but expedience trumps honor on a daily basis. /shrug. (Women aren't any better, but generally, we don't pretend to be honorable).

I tend to live a life, where I don't generalize that someone is going to act a certain way, based on their gender, or race.  Or question their mental state simply by a video game they prefer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaphneJones said:

Not a carebear. I understand Eve (as well as I can from outside). Not interested in subjecting myself to such BS. RL is already violent enough.

You are literally proving my point. If you just said "EvE is not the type of game for me, i choose to play something else." and left it at that, then no one would have an issue. But you literally said anyone who plays is a sociopath, and attack people who are speculating about the similarities between what DU has proposed, and what EvE online IS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@blazemonger

 

Whats also funny, is this so similar a discussion i;ve had with highsec Carebears. Not even a month ago, I stole some drones from someone in highsec worth about 200mil. Afterward I said GF in local, and they berated me, cursed at me. Then private convo'd me and said I was the reason eve was dying.  Then we got to talking and I asked him how much he spent on eve. He said "nothing, i plex my 2 characters, I don't have to spend a dime on eve.".  Too which i replied "Thats nice, but ive spent about $200 this month, in addition to paying for my 5 accounts. I love eve and I want CCP to do well. I have the income to afford it as one of my hobbies.  I'm pretty sure CCP values me as a customer over you."

 

Its just hilarious people continue to play a game they hate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EVE has been dying since 2003..

 

DU will be great, it will be even more unforgiving towards the carelessness and stupidity some players will practice than EVE. DU to me brings good things from several games together and the ruthlessness of EVE will be one of them. That does not mean I intend to be ruthless but it does mean I expect to encounter that and be prepared for it/accept it when it comes.

 

IMO that is what a some here do not seem to get, you can live and play your own way with all you do not choose to engage in in the game just fine. Blocking it out or ignoring it does not make it go away and it should not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

EVE has been dying since 2003..

 

DU will be great, it will be even more unforgiving towards the carelessness and stupidity some players will practice than EVE. DU to me brings good things from several games together and the ruthlessness of EVE will be one of them. That does not mean I intend to be ruthless but it does mean I expect to encounter that and be prepared for it/accept it when it comes.

 

IMO that is what a some here do not seem to get, you can live and play your own way with all you do not choose to engage in in the game just fine. Blocking it out or ignoring it does not make it go away and it should not.

Couldn't agree more.  People forging their own paths in an open world game. So much potential and fun, and stories to be had.

 

 

I think often people are too afraid of failure. But games like this, that it is proposing to be, and EvE. Failure is how you learn.  Without failure, the victory isn't as sweet. and its a virtual world, so you don't perma die.  Embrace the failure, and your enjoyment goes up like 10x.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DaphneJones said:

I generally assume that Eve players are sociopaths until proven otherwise. Haven't seen any of them proven otherwise yet.

I played eve and according to online tests I am not a sociopath. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Haunty said:

I played eve and according to online tests I am not a sociopath. 😏

Here is a good story of EvE sociopaths. I had been playing eve for about 1 year, maybe a bit longer. I was living in a wormhole, with an wormhole alliance.  At one point I found out one of my corp mates lived in the same city as me. We had talked about the possibility to meet up for a beer.  Well before that happened, my current roommate I had bailed on me, and didnt have his rent so I had to unexpectedly move out, and soon. To make matters worse I didn't have a car at the time, tho I started a new job and would have one soon.  My corp mate offered to come help me move in his truck for free. He and his gf came over, helped me and it all worked out great.  A guy in my corp in eve online who I never met, extended a helping hand.  That was over 7 years ago or so, and we are still friends to this day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People complaining about EVE player's being sociopaths should visit an event like EVE Vegas some day. Horrible experience.. if you expect sociopaths.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"DU will be great, it will be even more unforgiving towards the carelessness and stupidity some players will practice"

 

Love this, yep its true.  if you [NAP] for a second or even [NAP] then you will surely be [Filter]. that said if you plan correct and use your Mind you can become a Billionaire in DU. How? Well just [NAP] and [NAP] then you can [NAP] and be sure to also [NAP] with friends and then when you finally reached the epiphany of PvP due to [NAP] and [NAP] you can just shoot all the [Filter] and carebears to smithereens.

 

"No animals nor trees were harmed in this carebear&snowflake approved text, Humans however lay shattered in pieces before your feet and one cannot feel a glimps of MWAHAHAHAHAHA slipping from their mouths in response" "This text was brought to you by [NAP]"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×