Resurrection nodes/safe zone?

Daphne Jones

24 minutes ago, DaphneJones said:

Building and flying spaceships.

I'll be honest with you but it sounds like you are trying to like the wrong game.. If that is what you like to do then there's KSP, SE, Avorion, Empyrion which will all offer you what you look for and all in the comfort of a personal bubble where no scary people may feel the need to come harass you. ;)

Seriously though, I think you are way overthinking this and by putting all your energy into what you seems to believe may happen to you you are completely losing track of what fun you could have. I spend a lot of time exploring in Nullsec and Wormholes in EVE, it's great and fun to do. I live by two main rules in EVE when being on exploration roams; I will get caught sometimes and whatever I pick up on my travels, it ain't mine until I dock at my home system and sell it or hand it over to my industrial alt.

I fully expect the same in DU, there will be situations where I run into some hostile and/or get  ganked.. It happens and I may lose whatever I have on me at the time.. It really won't bother me much as I will just get back to base and go out again.. 

If you want to pursue DU life, you will need to align with a group/org that caters to your playstyle and supports you in doing so. If you have the qualities to design and build great ships they can and would expect would provide you with the environment you can do that. Yes you can be 'on your own' and do your own thing, but as part of a larger group. Being in an org will not mean you need to march together, be on call for anything at all times (well, some orgs may be that way, but not all for sure).

Stop being so pessimistic and on the lookout for more problems, find solutions and new ideas.. It'll be fine ..

I have the right game. It just has some aspects I don't like.

Yes, I'm probably overthinking it. I usually do.

But generally, as i get answers things look worse than I expected. I will undoubtedly become more pessimistic before I become less pessimistic. lol

OK. I don't think there's anything else to be learned in this thread so I'm out.

8 hours ago, DaphneJones said:

Not scared. Just averse to boring and non-fun game play.

Especially when the "combat" is leveled tab-target BS. That's really just bullying anyway you look at it.

Didn't say you specifically were scared, however plenty of people will play risky, plenty will play less risky. Why would you downplay and laugh at other people for preferring other playstyles?

3 hours ago, DaphneJones said:

From my point of view, I believe you are simply worried of to many possible outcomes. The game is going to be massive in both size and scope. The further a person leaves from the starting point the less likely someone will ever find you. Even with massive organizations, unless you are in their direct vicinity or found exploring nearby, no one is going to notice you because they have their own concerns. 

Having the concern about grievers is valid. But with a large safe area around the ark and thus far an entire moon dedicated to being a safe zone for people who just want to build. I’m sure more large swaths of land or planets/moons will also be added to the safe zone list. So no worries.

3 hours ago, DaphneJones said:

But generally, as i get answers things look worse than I expected. I will undoubtedly become more pessimistic before I become less pessimistic. lol

OK. I don't think there's anything else to be learned in this thread so I'm out.

Maybe because you also misread certain statements and only read what you want to read because you're biased.

DU will be vast. And griefing will happen, no doubt. But those griefers will have a hard time once word goes round- they won't have Access to markets nor to community services because players will ban them. 

17 hours ago, Lethys said:

DU will be vast. And griefing will happen, no doubt. But those griefers will have a hard time once word goes round- they won't have Access to markets nor to community services because players will ban them. 

I have not read a way to ban someone from  a safe zone. Maybe from using the market at your marketplace. I more see police forces stalking them and blowing them from the skies as they leave safety 

Yeah, I think many players will keep marketplaces open to all.  It's unfortunate how profitable it is to provide "griefers" with supplies.

It would take a huge collaboration among the entire community to completely axe someone's supply chain.  If you feel slighted, you can keep them off your marketplaces... but John Shmoe over there has a shop open to all.  Heck, he might even have a premium on his wares since he knows everyone else is blocking people from trading.

On 12/13/2018 at 10:09 AM, DaphneJones said:

The universe is going to be pretty tiny until we get FTL. 

Small? Every vid ive seen shows Alioth to be pretty damn big. Add in the other system worlds , asteriods, moons etc I think tiny is the wrong word to label the initial 'play field' that will be open to all.

This in itself will not guarantee the absence of unwanted attacks, but, will help to reduce it.

And this whole thought of being attacked the moment you leave a safe zone can be reduced very easily.... dig under the attacker!

Thats what a sandbox is all about  ;)

7 hours ago, Pantera said:

I have not read a way to ban someone from  a safe zone. Maybe from using the market at your marketplace. I more see police forces stalking them and blowing them from the skies as they leave safety 

it depends if there is a "npc" run market by aphelia in the ASA or if it's all player run

Even if ppl don't collaborate to ban them, a griefer can always just use alts to get his stuff - but that means more work for him. Police is also an issue for griefers. If you just look at eve again and at providence in particular, then you'll quickly see that ppl with KOS standing there are around and try to do their thing - but they have a hard time doing so.

Bringing it back a notch

Everyone has a right to desire a type of game play. That said it’s exceedingly difficult to create a game that appeals to everyone. This game is not ment to be 100% pvp nor is it 100% creative mode. It’ll be a bit of both and if you choose to partake you’ll have to adjust. Dual Universe is doing it right.

There will be safe zones where the creative folk will hang out. Creativity in a worry free area is beneficial in that it’ll drive individual styles and help build a diverse civilization.

There will be VAST areas in between these safe areas that you can pvp your evil little hearts out. The space we have to work with is ridiculously big. Like DUMB big. In perspective don’t be upset that you can’t PvP over all of the entire lower 48 US states because New Hampsire is a safe area.

This is a civilization building game. There will be big orgs, there will be wee little orgs and there will be people trying to go it alone. As a builder I do not expect that I have a right to venture into contested space and not have to deal with pirates or greifers. That being said the fore mentioned pirates and griefers should not expect to be able to attack anyone at anytime at any location.

I want this in a bad way to be a huge game where everyone can do what they want. Believe that there’s room for all. I really mean that. There is really room for all. 

If people cant build pretty things then this verse will all look like cookie cutter rushed constructs. If we don’t have PvP then the constructs will not be practical and would end up over extravagant.

DU not try to make this your game. Think about how to make it everyone’s game.

That’s my few quanta.. 

ps. @Geo sucks 

1 hour ago, Pantera said:

Bringing it back a notch

Everyone has a right to desire a type of game play. That said it’s exceedingly difficult to create a game that appeals to everyone. This game is not ment to be 100% pvp nor is it 100% creative mode. It’ll be a bit of both and if you choose to partake you’ll have to adjust. Dual Universe is doing it right.

I really like how you put this.  Got me to thinking it would be pretty strange if a PvP player started advocating that they don't want to partake in PvE ?

"0/10 Why am I not 100% safe from PvE at all times?  Would NOT recommend this game!"

I think DU will be a nice blend of PvP and PvE.  I do think it would be good for NQ to state their intentions for PvP (Although, I feel like they already have)... but anywho, clarifications are always nice.

In my opinion, the type of player that spends their time killing respawns on the beach won't be on DU.    I believe "most" PvP will be structured events between organizations with the little guys ignored (unless they start something first).     Org1 declares war on Org2 and they fight until they call a ceasefire.  

5 hours ago, Pantera said:

That’s my few quanta.. 

ps. @Geo sucks 

Drunken posting again? 

I'll land my house on you. It flies, btw ;)

I totally agree with the rest of your post. Well said, Brutha

ML, -G

1 minute ago, Geo said:

Drunken posting again? 

I'll land my house on you. It flies, btw ;)

I totally agree with the rest of your post. Well said, Brutha

ML, -G

Sober ish post. You still suck. And thanks, I just want everyone to enjoy this game. 

I love mexican food except beans. I order a plate at a restaurant. I eat the enchiladas and the rice but I don’t get pissed off that it comes with beans. I just don’t eat em. 

15 hours ago, SirKent said:

In my opinion, the type of player that spends their time killing respawns on the beach won't be on DU.    I believe "most" PvP will be structured events between organizations with the little guys ignored (unless they start something first).     Org1 declares war on Org2 and they fight until they call a ceasefire.  

What about smaller teams hacking nodes? They even don´t need to fight.

On 12/16/2018 at 1:01 AM, Pantera said:

Bringing it back a notch

There will be safe zones where the creative folk will hang out. Creativity in a worry free area is beneficial in that it’ll drive individual styles and help build a diverse civilization.

There will be VAST areas in between these safe areas that you can pvp your evil little hearts out. The space we have to work with is ridiculously big. Like DUMB big. In perspective don’t be upset that you can’t PvP over all of the entire lower 48 US states because New Hampsire is a safe area.

This is a civilization building game. There will be big orgs, there will be wee little orgs and there will be people trying to go it alone. As a builder I do not expect that I have a right to venture into contested space and not have to deal with pirates or greifers. That being said the fore mentioned pirates and griefers should not expect to be able to attack anyone at anytime at any location.

I want this in a bad way to be a huge game where everyone can do what they want. Believe that there’s room for all. I really mean that. There is really room for all. 

If people cant build pretty things then this verse will all look like cookie cutter rushed constructs. If we don’t have PvP then the constructs will not be practical and would end up over extravagant.

DU not try to make this your game. Think about how to make it everyone’s game.

That’s my few quanta.. 

100% this! 

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 6:07 PM, DaphneJones said:

Not scared. Just averse to boring and non-fun game play.

Especially when the "combat" is leveled tab-target BS. That's really just bullying anyway you look at it.

I'm so glad you aren't the one developing DU.  The reason I pledged is because of all the concepts they are bringing to the game that are EvE online. Of course with their own stuff too. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyTazer said:

I'm so glad you aren't the one developing DU.  The reason I pledged is because of all the concepts they are bringing to the game that are EvE online. Of course with their own stuff too. 

I generally assume that Eve players are sociopaths until proven otherwise. Haven't seen any of them proven otherwise yet.

3 minutes ago, DaphneJones said:

I generally assume that Eve players are sociopaths until proven otherwise. Haven't seen any of them proven otherwise yet.

The carebears yes. But not the pvpers. The ones who know what EvE actually is. Its literally promoted, by the DEVS, as an open world pvp game where you are never safe. Not even in highsec.  But when ive ganked a mining ship in highsec, ive been called a rapist, and had my real life threatened over a 30mil ship.  Now move toward lowsec, and ive killed a guy in a 2bil rattlesnake, and after he dies he says "good fight".  You are making gross generalizations, and you come off like you barely played eve, or you did and it was the wrong game, so instead of just moving on, you just call anyone who plays it a sociopath. Ive made life long friends in eve. I live in a big city, and met up with people in real life from eve.  What the problem is, is people like you, cant just accept its not the game for you, and advocate changes, or bad mouth it, instead of looking for a game better suited for YOU.  Meanwhile, ME, i don't go into other games and cry on the forums and say "why cant I stab this guy and take all his stuff when he just logged on?".  What I do, like a normal adjusted adult, is wait for a game where the developers say they are making a game that suits my play style, and would be fun for me to play, ala Dual Universe.  You really need to stop projecting.

I also want to make clear, that while i may personally heavily favor open world, non-consensual PVP, I do believe that PVE, building, and other play styles should be represented.  I agree with certain safe zones, certain mechanics where your base cant be zerged while you sleep.  PVE, construction, etc feeds the war machine and is a huge part of an open world pvp game.  So i do believe people that have no interest in pvp, do have some options. But I also think they shouldnt be lazy or favored over PVPers.  PVPers have to plan, have risk, etc.  If you want to mine that sweet ore, instead of getting the biggest ship with cargo containers, and fly out solo, you could maybe as one option hire a couple guys to protect you and give them a % of the haul. Stuff like that is what will make this game one of the best. Emergant gameplay, player driven, and choices based on risk/reward. 

I play EVE in a very non violent way. I am a member of a corp where we live by a credo prohibiting instigating or interfering in aggression. That is not to say we can't or won't defend ourselves and kill in the process if we have to. In my daily travels I constantly put myself at risk but using the tools I have I will generally get away before an attacker gets a shot off. I avoid Highsec as it is a scary and dangerous place, much more so than NullSec..

7 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

The carebears yes. But not the pvpers. The ones who know what EvE actually is. Its literally promoted, by the DEVS, as an open world pvp game where you are never safe. Not even in highsec.  But when ive ganked a mining ship in highsec, ive been called a rapist, and had my real life threatened over a 30mil ship.  Now move toward lowsec, and ive killed a guy in a 2bil rattlesnake, and after he dies he says "good fight".  You are making gross generalizations, and you come off like you barely played eve, or you did and it was the wrong game, so instead of just moving on, you just call anyone who plays it a sociopath. Ive made life long friends in eve. I live in a big city, and met up with people in real life from eve.  What the problem is, is people like you, cant just accept its not the game for you, and advocate changes, or bad mouth it, instead of looking for a game better suited for YOU.  Meanwhile, ME, i don't go into other games and cry on the forums and say "why cant I stab this guy and take all his stuff when he just logged on?".  What I do, like a normal adjusted adult, is wait for a game where the developers say they are making a game that suits my play style, and would be fun for me to play, ala Dual Universe.  You really need to stop projecting.

ROFL. You represent my remarks.